The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will our next rival be?

mrsasaki

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It will be Now and Forever the Flames ....Im sorry but there is NO question.....as long as there is an NHL team in Calgary they will ALWAYS be the number 1 rival....every so often another team might creep in ala Coilers or Wild...but that never lasts very long , Calgary will always be the most hated team that the Canucks will ever play.

If Minnesota make a couple more moves and bolster their depth, I say they'll challenge us for the NW title.

Could also see LA at the top of the standings for much of the early season, challenging us for the conference title which will build some hatred.

Give Edmonton 2 more seasons before they really start to threaten us and own the conference.

Flames even though they suck it's awesome trash talk & always a good win!! Nothing beats Chicago vs. Vancouver with this current core & theirs.

Edmonton will be up next in the far future when our core has dismantled a bit & same with Chicago's... I can see our big guys Kassian, Jensen, Gaunce having a rival with the young Oil core.

I still believe Chicago is our biggest rival to date, just with all the history in the last 5 years, and to top it off with the Duncan Keith hit on Daniel last season.

I think LA has a good chance to be our next rival, but it all really depends on if there is a lock out or not. If there is no lock out, then I could see in the first meeting in the season a good rough game, especially from the Canucks, looking for revenge from being kicked out by LA, but I really think they need 1 more playoff battle to really build a good rival. If there is a lockout, well I don't see the rival happening if they have a year off, everyone will just be happy to play again and it will take a couple seasons before major rivals are built up again.

In our Division: our rivals are definately the 2 Alberta teams until Seattle joins the league

In our Conference: has to be the Hawks

And in a new league realignment: still Calgary, Edmonton, Chicago and the Jets (hopefully Seattle will be there too :)

Archived