The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

canucks playing for team canada in 2014?

AFrame14

with summer hockey news pretty much at a stand still, and the summer olympics wrapping up, it got me thinking about sochi 2014. i cant really see one canuck player suiting up for team canada for those olympics. ( that is if nhl players participate). looking at the current team, there are not any canadian players that i could see making team canada. hamhuis, garrison, beiksa maybe, but canadas defence is deep. burr? doubt that as well.. maybe kassian if he jus goes beast mode on us this season and next. In 2010 we had lou, which was pretty sick, but i doubt we have a canuck tto cheer for in 2014.

i know it doesnt really matter, cuz team canada is our team , but it is kinda nice to see a canuck wearing the red and white and playing for our nation. adds jus a little something on top of the great olympic hockey.it kinda forces vancouver haters to cheer for a canuck for once haha

( i also realize that we will have the sedins and edler playing for sweden,and cory for the usa, which is def a good thing.)

so what im asking is do u guys/girls think that we will have a cnd represent the canucks in sochi 2014? pretty sure it would have to come from a trade in the next year cuz i dont see any of our draft picks or current players making team canada. anyways comments are apprecitated,

Hamhuis has the biggest shot but behind Weber, Piets, Doughty, Letang, Keith, chances are slim..

Burr will have to compete against Tavares, Stamkos, Crosby, Giroux, Toews, Bergeron, Nugent-Hopkins, Duchene, Thornton, etc. Etc. And i don't see him making it

yea i kinda figured hammer was our best chance too but canada is just so deep at that position and hes kinda underrated.. forgot about wjc and guance. be nice to have some canucks prospects playing for team canada this winter. remember a few years back when coho led the team in scoring..

Who says Luongo won't be on the Canucks in 2014 :bigblush:

And I think Burrows and Hamhuis have a decent chance. Not all star players are chosen - eg. Morrow over Stamkos....Players that do the small, sometimes unnoticed things (smart defensive plays, backcheck etc.) are important for a team as well.

You can't have a team full of Crosby's, Stamko's and Ovechkin's (or maybe you could assuming they outscore everyone, every game) because no one will be playing defence...

to far away still, you never know what can happen with this canuck team by 2014

-maybe the goalie trade brings us a Canadian player with a chance to make it to team Canada

-maybe lu doesn't get traded because he's 26-4 by the time trade deadline comes around

-maybe we sign Perry or getzlaf

I hope by 2014 we have a top Canadian player to represent team Canada and Vancouver

Archived