The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pastor tries to commit suicide after being convicted as a pedophile

while I obviously don't condone continuing the cycle of abuse and there is no excuse for this kind of weakness........does anyone here consider that he, himself, is probably a survivor of hard core sexual abuse?

He should go to jail, no doubt, and pay his penance, but he does deserve some consideration that he probably went through some pretty horrble experiences of his own.

while I obviously don't condone continuing the cycle of abuse and there is no excuse for this kind of weakness........does anyone here consider that he, himself, is probably a survivor of hard core sexual abuse?

He should go to jail, no doubt, and pay his penance, but he does deserve some consideration that he probably went through some pretty horrble experiences of his own.

So what you're suggesting is, and correct me if I'm wrong...that since he may have been the victim of sexual abuse in the past, this gives him "consideration" when it comes to abusing and violating the innocence of the children he's convicted of having contact with? If these were your kids or your relatives who have been abused...would you still feel he deserves any leniency for the despicable crime he's convicted of? I would doubt that.

So what you're suggesting is, and correct me if I'm wrong...that since he may have been the victim of sexual abuse in the past, this gives him "consideration" when it comes to abusing and violating the innocence of the children he's convicted of having contact with? If these were your kids or your relatives who have been abused...would you still feel he deserves any leniency for the despicable crime he's convicted of? I would doubt that.

This reminds me of this documentary I watched, check out the trailer if you haven't seen the movie... And after watching the trailer, watch the movie.

The more I watched the worse I felt for the child molestor. I mean. I felt lousy for everyone, it was a real tough movie to watch... And I don't think he should just get off the hook or anything. What he did was entirely wrong, just like that pastor.

Just, after watching this movie, I got a whole new perspective on what goes on here. How the church does NOTHING to intervene.

People like this need councelling. They don't need to be thrown into jail to rot.

Yeah...

Anyways. To conclude. You're arguing blindly. I'm not a victim, or a conductor of child abuse, so I can't speak "first hand" on the subject. And I'm no professional in mental health... But I at least have this movie to fall back on. Some knowledge. I'm not just like "Yeah, he commited a crime, let him die". It's never that easy. It shouldn't be. Lives shouldn't just be "whatever".

Yeah dude... And that's usually how the cycle is spawned.

I'm not saying you're going to go out and molest some kids or anything. I'm just saying this is where it usually begins.

Like with abusive parents, their offspring are more likely to be abusive to their children... No kidding, right?

Stop the root, you end a lot of suffering. Throw a guy in jail, and there's a good chance they're back out and doing it again.

Well. In Canada, anyways.

Just an opinion at least.

Yeah dude... And that's usually how the cycle is spawned.

I'm not saying you're going to go out and molest some kids or anything. I'm just saying this is where it usually begins.

Like with abusive parents, their offspring are more likely to be abusive to their children... No kidding, right?

Stop the root, you end a lot of suffering. Throw a guy in jail, and there's a good chance they're back out and doing it again.

Well. In Canada, anyways.

Just an opinion at least.

Let me trace back a bit.

I did say the guy should be punished. But the root is the church. The church is the culpret for this stuff going on. It's not a coincidence. I don't want to get into the specifics of what happened to you (because it's probably difficult to talk about). But if it's the same underlying issue as what happens in the church, then I think it's more complicated than the person commiting the sexual acts should be punished.

The Church protects these psychos. They don't intervene whatsoever. They harbour them, and keep it a secret. It's disgusting.

Archived