The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Killings in Burma

Super19

They arent representative as the population as a whole per se.

However the idea rightful muslim lands extent from andalusia spain to south east asia gets zero denial from muslims even though islam like other religions was spread by the sword. Its seen as fact amonst a majority.

It would be akin to white power groups back in the day who may have had popular tacit support or even formal support amongst an ignorant population who believed "white is right" but themselves wouldnt engage in pursuing that themselves.

Which is why these atrocities in burma turn into a "our brothers are being persecuted" argument.

That'd be tough to get an accurate source on, I'd imagine. Groups responsible for getting converts love to inflate numbers. The fact that the vast majority of converts leave their given religion after a few years complicates things a lot, too.

The links you provided corroborated what I was saying, that the population boom is due to a high birth rate in countries with a poor economic situation, and that this high birth rate is dipping towards the non-Muslim number. The precipitous increase will level off considerably in the next few decades.

What are the figures for said jumping ship? I find it hard to believe that malaysia is leading the way for people leaving one religion for another or for nonreligion.

Especially considering, off the top of my head, the laws in malaysia regarding non muslims promoting their religion plus the myriad of other laws and rules set forth by islam itself.

My guess is a western secular country would be leading the way.

So do you have the number for muslims embracing xtianity in malaysia?

Oh damndamndamn. It was Indonesia* my bad! -.- that would probably make more sense than malaysia.

Figures are most likely inflated as VICF5551 said, but from the Save Maryam campaign, they are saying 2million muslims -> ctianity every year.

Yeah, I raised my eyebrows with Malaysia having a large number of Christian converts. I believe Christians aren't allowed to proselytize there and apostasy from Islam is illegal. Indonesia makes much more sense.

Archived