Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

(Discussion) The Columbus Blue Jackets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,845 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

They got off to a decent start on a rebuild by trading Nash to the NY Rangers for Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon and a 1st. IMO they are 2-4 pieces away from making the playoffs.

What they have: Solid depth on center (Dubi, Anisimov, Brassard, Johansen, Letestu) and on defense

What they need: 2 top six wingers, and a true #1 goalie

What goalies they should go after: Nik Backstrom, Tim Thomas, Jose Theodore

Top six forwards they should go after: Kyle Okposo, Andrei Kostitsyn, Michael Ryder

Bottom six forwards they should go after: Troy Brouwer, Tomas Kopecky, Mikkel Boedker etc

Who do you think they should trade for/sign, and what do you think it would take to get those players?

EDIT: After looking it over, here is what I came up with:

Trade 1: Cbj-Tor

To Columbus: Nikolai Kulemin + Clarke MacArthur + Tim Connolly

To Toronto: Steve Mason + Derrick Brassard + 2014 1st

Mason = Kulemin
Brassard > MacArthur
1st > Connolly

Trade 2: Cbj-Min

To Columbus: Nik Backstrom

To Minnesota: Vinny Prospal + Boone Jenner + Derek Mackenzie + Colton Gillies

Offer sheets:

Tyler Ennis: 2 years @ $5 million per = 1st and 3rd round compensation

If Buffalo don't match the offer sheet, this is what their line up would look like:

Umberger - Johansen - Atkinson
Kulemin - Dubinsky - Ennis
Anisimov - Connolly - MacArthur
Boll - Letestu - Dorsett

Tyutin - Johnson
Wisniewsky - Murray
Nikitin - Savard

Backstrom
Bobrovsky

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 12 August 2012 - 03:42 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#2 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

They need: #1 centre, #2 Centre, #1 goalie top 3 winger, top 6 winger, 2 top 4 d men,

No where even close to making the playoffs

Edited by Henrik Sedin, 10 August 2012 - 08:59 PM.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

I think Grabbing Ballard and Raymond from Vancouver would be beneficial for their improvement :bigblush:

actually now that I think of it would be smart of them to grab those 2 pieces.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#4 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,535 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

^ I wouldn't settle for less than Johansen and their 2013 1st in return.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#5 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

^ I wouldn't settle for less than Johansen and their 2013 1st in return.

I'd take a 1st and run.

I love Ballard and Raymond btw, but I know at this current time getting a 1st would be a steal.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#6 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

Waste of a 1st round pick (knowing how low they'll finish that pick could yield another strong prospect who could contribute for YEARS) to only get someone like Ennis, who may or may not wish to sign that offer sheet.

Also (unless Harding totally comes in and steals the show, in which case they CAN target Nik) I'm not sure the Wild would be so willing to easily let their #1 goalie go. They brought in Parise and Suter to show that they're ready and willing to compete, not to dismantle their core. Harding could be available though at the right price IMO.

I don't see the point of the Boychuk trade, the Jackets are loaded with good young D. Their assets should be used firstly to get a better goalie (Backstrom/ Harding would be nice if it were to come true) then to bring better wingers in to supplement their strong center group.

ATM:

Foligno - Brassard - Umberger
Prospal - Johansen - Atkinson
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Dorsett
Gillies - Letestu - Boll

I think the winger group at the top could use bolstering, particularly if Prospal goes through his roller-coaster style scoring routine (good year followed by bad year(s)) or if their young guns don't play to potential it could be another long year, plus do they really have a star go-to guy up front? Johansen could become that but nobody really is of that caliber ATM, so they should at least get a couple of more reliable pieces for that second line, which could be inconsistent.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#7 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,047 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

Suddenly they have some of the best offensive depth in the league. Great young guys who will be good next season or the season after. And they have one of the highest producing defences in the league too.

Their only true problem is now a lack of a 1st line (shouldn't of traded away Nash) and goaltender, but guys like Johansen, Atkins, Brassard, Anisimov etc. will grow nicely into those 1st line vacancies.
Posted Image

#8 RIPRYP

RIPRYP

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

They need:

A MIRACLE :bigblush:

RIP to the BEST pound for pound fighter the NHL has ever seen. Will be missed.

#9 Jordan Subban

Jordan Subban

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

you got Kulimen as the 2nd line LW and the 3rd line RW.
Posted ImageCredit to _-_ -_

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.