Yes, Honey Badger is awesome and we all love him
But would he not be arguably our best trading chip after Luongo?
Think of it this way
- Productive, excellent checking 3rd liner
- 26 year old, coming off of a career high in points
- Signed cheap for 2 more seasons
Now your probably thinking to yourself, those are all great reasons to keep him
Wouldn't that mean his value is at an all time high?
At this point and time, Hansen is easily replaceable.
- Despite his haters, Raymond is a very serviceable 3rd liner
- Kassian could see increased role on 3rd line
- Jensen could be a long-term solution
- Even guys like Rodin/Mallet could knock on the door sooner rather than later.
Now I am not saying we should trade Hansen for the sake of trading Hansen
However, perhaps he could be leveraged into returning a premium in an area of weakness on our roster.
- Help in the top 6
- 3rd line center of similar value
- Packaged with Luongo for an increased return in Luongo trade
Instead of the typical "trade Raymond for nothing" thought process on CDC, why not consider moving Hansen for a premium, since we have players who could step in and replace him (and provide similar results)
I would honestly rather trade Raymond for next to "nothing"...only because I don't think I can take watching him play anymore.