Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

[Discussion] Is Hansen Our Most Expendable Asset?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
128 replies to this topic

#121 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

Yeah,Hodgson lucked out.U make it sound like somebody else scored those 19 goals and set up 22 others.
Maybe that was Hansen-ah,no.
Hansen was never able to score more than 9 goals per season in his career,but playing alongside Hodgson Hansen tallied career highs in both goals and assists.
However,Hodgson still scored more goals and assists in his rookie year than Hansen has been able to muster in any of his four NHL seasons of play.

Edited by nuck nit, 14 August 2012 - 05:35 AM.

#122 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:45 AM

So theoretical question.

In a Luongo trade lets say MG can get a package from Toronto centered around Kadri
Or
A package that sends Luongo and Hansen to Florida, but Bjugstad is the center piece.

What would you rather see?

Why would we want Kadri.............Versteeg would be a much more attractive player of that type ..............and I wouldn't want him either. Kadti is small and useless. Versteeg is small but has talent.................THEY ARE BOTH TOO SMALL FOR THIS TEAM
Kevin.jpg

#123 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,130 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

Yeah,Hodgson lucked out.U make it sound like somebody else scored those 19 goals and set up 22 others.
Maybe that was Hansen-ah,no.
Hansen was never able to score more than 9 goals per season in his career,but playing alongside Hodgson Hansen tallied career highs in both goals and assists.
However,Hodgson still scored more goals and assists in his rookie year than Hansen has been able to muster in any of his four NHL seasons of play.

No I make it sound like playing with two way players like Hansen and Higgins was what Hodgson needed - Higgins and Hansen combined for 82 points and +29 - how did Hodgson fare without them? He was exposed as a young defensive liability who depended upon those guys to shelter that weakness to his game.

What I find humorous is the post I responded to makes the point that Hansen doesn't fight, doesn't make great open ice hits... but was lucky to play with Hodgson...who fights, hits, scores, kills penalties? Uh no, he throws in a hit once every two or three games... (25 hits for Vancouver last year - less than Raymond in more games than Raymond played).
Ironically, as I mentioned before, Hansen scored 9 goals in 47 games two years before Hodgson arrived. Do the math. Same pace as with Hodgson.
Hansen - 39 points and +18 while making 1.35 million - well below the NHL average. Speed, grit, skill, determination, consistency = real expendable - like Burrows was when he was emerging...

This thread is v2.0 of the epic "Burrows? do we really need him?"

Edited by oldnews, 14 August 2012 - 08:06 AM.

#124 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

We didnt mind having Hodgson on our Roster last year, and him and Kadri are pretty comparable players.

Why obsess about Versteeg/Kadris weight? Kadri weighs just as much as Hansen.. Does that mean Hansens too small for the team?

Why would we want Kadri.............Versteeg would be a much more attractive player of that type ..............and I wouldn't want him either. Kadti is small and useless. Versteeg is small but has talent.................THEY ARE BOTH TOO SMALL FOR THIS TEAM

#125 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,187 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

For me, expendable suggests something that wouldn't be missed too much but I really don't think that's the case with Hansen. An unsung hero, he quietly goes about his business, doing it well. I'd hate to see him go and he's got the same Burr like qualities that make for a great hockey player - drive, determination, obvious love of the game, never say die attitude and work ethic. My vote is no.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#126 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

No I make it sound like playing with two way players like Hansen and Higgins was what Hodgson needed - Higgins and Hansen combined for 82 points and +29 - how did Hodgson fare without them? He was exposed as a young defensive liability who depended upon those guys to shelter that weakness to his game.

What I find humorous is the post I responded to makes the point that Hansen doesn't fight, doesn't make great open ice hits... but was lucky to play with Hodgson...who fights, hits, scores, kills penalties? Uh no, he throws in a hit once every two or three games... (25 hits for Vancouver last year - less than Raymond in more games than Raymond played).
Ironically, as I mentioned before, Hansen scored 9 goals in 47 games two years before Hodgson arrived. Do the math. Same pace as with Hodgson.
Hansen - 39 points and +18 while making 1.35 million - well below the NHL average. Speed, grit, skill, determination, consistency = real expendable - like Burrows was when he was emerging...

This thread is v2.0 of the epic "Burrows? do we really need him?"

Are you saying that Hansen and Higgins made Hodgson?
Hodgson has hands,something that cannot be taught.
Hansen does not have the hands of Hodgson or Burrows,but yes,he is gritty and tenacious.
The Gillis.org Canucks love to give up on their emerging,gifted playmakers and scorers.

Edited by nuck nit, 14 August 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#127 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

Blah. Jannick Hansen stinks. Don't believe me though.... hear it right from the source.

"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#128 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Wow. Way to solidify the ill repute of this fanbase Slegr.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#129 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

I do what I can, Millerdraft. But really, I think Hansen would be good trade bait because of his low cap hit and healthy work ethic. The fact he is neither gifted / consistent offensively or an intimidating player- he is an adequate third line checker, or plug - makes him expendable in my books.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.