The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Romney announces VP pick

G.K. Chesterton

No, that's not the truth, that's something an Obama sycophant would say. A flat out lie. Obama has added in 4 years the same amount that Bush did in 8 years. That's not better than Bush, that's FAR worse. Your own source says Bush left with about $10 trillion in overall deficit, it's at $16 trillion now.. do the math.

The fact that you guys are even attempting to suggest Bush's fiscal policy (which was the next worst I've ever seen) is worse than Obama's is downright laughable. The dishonesty you are perpetuating should be explicitly noted because this is consistent with the type of American politics that has helped frack it up so badly.

Your sources are from 2009 and 2011, one of which uses weasel words blaming Bush for Obama's budget even through 2011. :lol:

Obama's administration did not accrue 2.8 trillion dollars of debt in 2 fiscal years and 8 months between when Obama took office and the end of the fiscal year 2011. That's a flat out lie.

The US deficit ceiling was raised to $16 trillion dollars as of January 2012 and a full fiscal year plus change still left in Obama's first four year term at that point.

The graph showing Bush's deficit when leaving at $10 trillion overall (and about $6 trillion over 8 years) is almost right. Conservative estimates of the budget deficit (usdebtclock.org) shows $16 trillion which means with well over 5 months left of Obama's first term and the ceiling will need to be raised a second time. By said conservative margins it means Obama in 4 years will have outspent Bush's 8 years easy.

By all means show me how this is false, all the evidence smacks you in the face. Awaiting your next spin effort.

I already did, deficit is at $16 trillion, your source says Bush left at $10.. what's 16 - 10? Your source says Bush's 6 was in 8 years, Obama's 6 in 4 years.. Bush is far worse? Hah. What more evidence do I need to present? I already presented mine, then you presented yours, except yours just presented almost the exact same thing I did, then said Bush was worse than Obama, LOL. This is getting comical. :lol:

I seriously doubt it's hit you yet as to how badly you are going to get flogged in this debate.

actually zaibatsu is correct. Normally the previous President signs the following year budget, but this was a case of "kick the can" where Obama actually signed the budget (in March I believe.) That's not to say it was ALL Obama's budget... many things were already agreed on, like that there was going to be about $400 billion deficit... Obama added to that (so there is a bit of a split that goes both ways.)

I'm sure I'll get ripped apart by some for this... but I'm going off memory from an article that was posted last spring on Politifact.com (I only remember it because it was part of a debate a friend and I had... he was saying it was "all" Obama's spending.)

The question that should be asked (and tied into the topic) is if Ryan is so "responsible" than why did he vote for all the bailouts, wars and cuts that were going to increase the debt (and/or deficit?)

No, that's not the truth, that's something an Obama sycophant would say. A flat out lie. Obama has added in 4 years the same amount that Bush did in 8 years. That's not better than Bush, that's FAR worse. Your own source says Bush left with about $10 trillion in overall deficit, it's at $16 trillion now.. do the math.

The fact that you guys are even attempting to suggest Bush's fiscal policy (which was the next worst I've ever seen) is worse than Obama's is downright laughable. The dishonesty you are perpetuating should be explicitly noted because this is consistent with the type of American politics that has helped frack it up so badly.

No, he's wrong(on so many different levels), and you're wrong for thinking he's right and in that Obama didn't kick the can, put TARP and a bunch more crap onto his own plate from the fiscally inept Bush administration. His administration for the first time put other off the books spending on the books which reflected as his spending though it actually wasn't.

The national debt under Bush went from $5,943,438,563,436 (stating on 12/31/2001) to $10,699,804,864,612 (on 12/31/2008)

The national debt under Obama went from $12,311,349,677,512 on 12/31/2009 to $15,930, 043, 999 today.

And of the money that Obama spent in deficit spending Bush's 2 wars, Medicare Part D, TAARP, and other bright ideas, had to be paid for.....or AT LEAST be put on the books, which Obama did, which Bush didn't.

Comical? You betcha. It's hard for myself not to laugh constantly when arguing with the biggest clown on CDC.

Source out where and why the spending was done between the two.

You flog me? :lol:

Not on your best day.

The trouble is, it doesn't matter which debate you get into with me, you'll always be carrying a knife to the gun fight...and that's because your ideas and explanation and reasonings have about as much sense as any other tea-bagger's out there.

Archived