The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guaranteed to crack you up...Olympic coverage

disisdayear

Dear Fellow CDCers:

This may be one of the funniest play-by-play and color commentary I have heard for any sport...

I doubt if Shorty should be concerned about his job security, but Garrett should be (he may be the worst color commentator in the history of TV broadcasting...have you noticed that he repeats everything 3-4 times? When I hear him speak, I think either he's retarded and has short term memory deficiencies, thinks the fans are retarded because he must think he has to repeat himself because we didn't get him the first time, or he's trying to fill up air time with nonsensical repeating of himself).

The dude doing the play-by-play also provided color commentary...it's hilarious. If you've got 3 1/2 minutes to waste, you're going to get a kick out of this...enjoy.

http://www.thatvideosite.com/v/5852

BTW, it's a spoof, but hilarious none the same.

Fake.

And so is this perhaps, or perhaps not but these are actually funny!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2012 Summer Olympics will once again flood the NBC airwaves and lots of history will be made.  NBC does a wonderful job of covering these games but sometimes they used untested commentators to describe the coverage and the end result can be truly funny!

Here are the top 9 comments made by NBC sports commentators during the 2004 Summer Olympics that they'd like to take back:

1. Weightlifting commentator:

"This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."

2. Dressage commentator:

"This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast:

"I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

4. Boxing Analyst:

"Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious."

5. Softball announcer:

"If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

6. Basketball analyst:

"He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

7. At the rowing medal ceremony:

"Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."

8. Soccer commentator:

"Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

9. Tennis commentator:

"One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them . . . Oh my God, what have I just said?"

Archived