The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's more valuable?

Erik Karlsson

I'm more high on Hansen because I feel that he is harder to replace, but Higgins is probably still a better player.

Then again, if Hansen is indeed harder to replace, then maybe that makes him more valuable. I dunno, it's hard to say.

Higgins for sure, Hansen had some help with the Sedins the past season to really get him to shine but when it comes down to the two. Higgy for sure. Hansen seems to have a temper to him, Higgins is more calm but can lay people out on the ice if he needs to use his physical presence.

Higgins. He's steady and a real workhorse.

Hansen has the talent, but needs to find a way to put the puck in the net when he gets the chance. It's touch and go whether or not this guy will just be one of those guys with flashy moves and a mediocre career, or maybe he will just keep on getting better. Right now, I tend to think it will be the former. But, I like the guy and hope he proves me wrong.

As of where they are today, I would have to say Higgins.

For defensive play I'd say Higgins = Hansen

For overall versatility...Higgins > Hansen

For tenacity/agitating opponents...Higgins < Hansen

For consistency...Higgins > Hansen

For health...Higgins < Hansen

For offensive play...Higgins > Hansen

It looks like Higgins tops out at 0.6PPG or 49 points per year (extrapolates to 20-25G / 24G-29A...stellar numbers for a guy who moves up and down the 2nd/3rd line); Hansen hasn't delivered such numbers in his career, though I think Hansen has another gear and we should expect to see his offensive numbers improve.

So, when you look at their overall game and value to the Canucks, I'd say Higgins brings more to the table than Hansen.

It would be great to see what Higgins can deliver over a full 82 game schedule and playoffs when he's not dealing with nagging injuries and illness that he's dealt with since 2007-08 when he looked like the second coming of Vinny Damphousse.

Hummm..

Chris Higgins @ 1.9 M

resembles a much waste of time Steve Bernier..and even skates like him..and to this day has still yet to impress me...

Jannik Hansen 1.4 M

has done everything in his power to keep the Presidents trophy in Vancouver for 2 years...

well my thoughts are with Jannik @ 1.4 M ..hands down.

Hummm..

Chris Higgins @ 1.9 M

resembles a much waste of time Steve Bernier..and even skates like him..and to this day has still yet to impress me...

Jannik Hansen 1.4 M

has done everything in his power to keep the Presidents trophy in Vancouver for 2 years...

well my thoughts are with Jannik @ 1.4 M ..hands down.

Archived