The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's more valuable?

Erik Karlsson

That's a really tough one, but if I had to choose I think I would say Hansen. Higgins is an easier guy to replace (but don't get me wrong, I love the guy). I think Hansen is the type of player that we need to keep. He is one of the best checking third liners in the league and I think he is very valuable to our team. He is a solid third line winger in that he can throw some pretty nice hits, is very good defensively, and can score and skate well. Plus, if we need him to, he can step it up and play on the second, or even first lines. Not that both Higgins and Hansen aren't like that, and they both add a lot of heart and give 110% every night, but I think overall Hansen would be the better choice; plus he has less history with injuries and infections. Though, I want to keep them both!!! They are very similar players in a lot of aspects, especially when you write down their best qualities, yet to watch them play they both bring such different things to the game.

So hard to choose. Love both these guys. But when I think of the unsung heart and soul of the team, I think: Jannik Hansen.

I watched him real close last year and thought "wow, this guy is really a steal of a deal and amazing on our team. he puts in the effort every single night like it was his last game." Higgins is amazing as well and is always clutch for us. Much respect for the points he put up last season while battling multiple infections. If I had to choose which one to keep it would be very hard, but Hansen isn't a player you come across all the time.

Higgins. He's steady and a real workhorse.

Hansen has the talent, but needs to find a way to put the puck in the net when he gets the chance. It's touch and go whether or not this guy will just be one of those guys with flashy moves and a mediocre career, or maybe he will just keep on getting better. Right now, I tend to think it will be the former. But, I like the guy and hope he proves me wrong.

Hansen no doubt, Higgins is a tweener who is neither a legit top 6, yet too skilled to be a gritty hard to play against 3rd liner.

Tweeners are a dime a dozen, yet he is a hard worker, and works well on the third line.

If Higgy is in our top 6, dont expect the cup anytime soon.

Hansen is the type of player who helps you win a cup, Higgy is more of an all around player, yet no specialty. Easily replaced.

I'd rather have some size, meanness and secondary scoring ability, rather than a jack of all trades.

Hummm..

Chris Higgins @ 1.9 M

resembles a much waste of time Steve Bernier..and even skates like him..and to this day has still yet to impress me...

Jannik Hansen 1.4 M

has done everything in his power to keep the Presidents trophy in Vancouver for 2 years...

well my thoughts are with Jannik @ 1.4 M ..hands down.

Archived