The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's more valuable?

Erik Karlsson

Higgins should still be, unless Hansen ramps up his game and really becomes a Top-6 player for the team as a play maker.

Better question I guess would be, who has the higher potential for having the greater overall impact on the team, Hansen or Booth? (Open to definition as to what an "impact" really is)

Hansen no doubt, Higgins is a tweener who is neither a legit top 6, yet too skilled to be a gritty hard to play against 3rd liner.

Tweeners are a dime a dozen, yet he is a hard worker, and works well on the third line.

If Higgy is in our top 6, dont expect the cup anytime soon.

Hansen is the type of player who helps you win a cup, Higgy is more of an all around player, yet no specialty. Easily replaced.

I'd rather have some size, meanness and secondary scoring ability, rather than a jack of all trades.

I miss Torres... :(

Yeah sure, Higgins is probably a better hockey player but Torres helped the team more because of his size. He could stand down Joe Thornton in a physical match up.

Higgins is more valuable than Hansen for the same reason, size. he also stands up better against the boards. Also currently more capable of stepping up to the 2knd line and scoring.

All props to Hansen and Higgins for their level of compete, but we need a BIG guy who does what Hansen and Higgins do...

As of where they are today, I would have to say Higgins.

For defensive play I'd say Higgins = Hansen

For overall versatility...Higgins > Hansen

For tenacity/agitating opponents...Higgins < Hansen

For consistency...Higgins > Hansen

For health...Higgins < Hansen

For offensive play...Higgins > Hansen

It looks like Higgins tops out at 0.6PPG or 49 points per year (extrapolates to 20-25G / 24G-29A...stellar numbers for a guy who moves up and down the 2nd/3rd line); Hansen hasn't delivered such numbers in his career, though I think Hansen has another gear and we should expect to see his offensive numbers improve.

So, when you look at their overall game and value to the Canucks, I'd say Higgins brings more to the table than Hansen.

It would be great to see what Higgins can deliver over a full 82 game schedule and playoffs when he's not dealing with nagging injuries and illness that he's dealt with since 2007-08 when he looked like the second coming of Vinny Damphousse.

Hummm..

Chris Higgins @ 1.9 M

resembles a much waste of time Steve Bernier..and even skates like him..and to this day has still yet to impress me...

Jannik Hansen 1.4 M

has done everything in his power to keep the Presidents trophy in Vancouver for 2 years...

well my thoughts are with Jannik @ 1.4 M ..hands down.

Archived