Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avicii

Why Shane Doan Isn't the Greatest Fit

131 posts in this topic

Doana is the most over-rated player CDC has ever turned into a "saviour" .. nauseatingly so, I might add .. :picard:

Doana is the most over-rated player CDC has ever turned into a "saviour" .. nauseatingly so, I might add .. :picard:

should sign this guy...

I know he's not the size Gillis is looking for but he has a great skill set, is able to dish the puck well.

Oh? I automatically assumed this was a thread about how he doesn't dive. Or about how he'll make eye contact with his opponents and never choose to skate by a guy.

I thought I'd have to agree with you. He's too good at playing Canadian hockey too fit in here.

should sign this guy...

I know he's not the size Gillis is looking for but he has a great skill set, is able to dish the puck well.

Gillis has probably been targeting him for years now and so he probably should have, until he acquired David Booth. People are asking for a line-up of:

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Booth - Kesler - Burrows/Kassian

How does that fix anything? Our 2nd line still doesn't have a playmaker and Booth/Kesler will continue to hog the puck. Doesn't help much that Booth utterly fails at passing too. We will have pretty much barely any cap space left to do anything.. Even in a Luongo trade, you can't get Versteeg if you get Doan cause there isn't that cap space, unless you want to trade Ballard and have the crappiest 3rd pairing ever.

Don't be fooled, i'd love to see Doan here. He would make our line-up that much bigger and stronger, but he doesn't fill our needs really. And even if you put him on the second line, Doan isn't a playmaker, he also needs the puck to be effective. That's 3 puck hogs on 1 line..

Should've went for Ray Whitney..

I'm not suggesting that the 1st line will have any problems, but the 2nd line will have huge problems..

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Nobody passes... Burrows isn't a playmaker

should sign this guy...

Gillis has probably been targeting him for years now and so he probably should have, until he acquired David Booth. People are asking for a line-up of:

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Booth - Kesler - Burrows/Kassian

How does that fix anything? Our 2nd line still doesn't have a playmaker and Booth/Kesler will continue to hog the puck. Doesn't help much that Booth utterly fails at passing too. We will have pretty much barely any cap space left to do anything.. Even in a Luongo trade, you can't get Versteeg if you get Doan cause there isn't that cap space, unless you want to trade Ballard and have the crappiest 3rd pairing ever.

Don't be fooled, i'd love to see Doan here. He would make our line-up that much bigger and stronger, but he doesn't fill our needs really. And even if you put him on the second line, Doan isn't a playmaker, he also needs the puck to be effective. That's 3 puck hogs on 1 line..

Should've went for Ray Whitney..

No, Doan isn't the greatest fit in the NHL for the Sedins. The question is, who's available on TO/Florida/Chicago or on the UFA market that's a better fit than Doan? I'd love to hear your suggestions OP.

No, Doan isn't the greatest fit in the NHL for the Sedins. The question is, who's available on TO/Florida/Chicago or on the UFA market that's a better fit than Doan? I'd love to hear your suggestions OP.

why the hell is everyone thinking that doan will play along side the sedins. burrows is the perfect player to play with the sedins. and its proven. why would you split that up.

should sign this guy...

why the hell is everyone thinking that doan will play along side the sedins. burrows is the perfect player to play with the sedins. and its proven. why would you split that up.

Spot on response + Burrows is actually a pretty nifty passer now after years of trading passes with the Twins.

Doan is perfect for the Sedins and Kesler and Burrows have Chemistry.

While he may not be the playmaker that we need (logicly) it will still work out, I think we will be fine.

Why Doan is the best fit: Power forward, Can score, hit, fight when necessary, will put up awesome numbers with the Sedins, veteran player.

Because at 185 lbs, 186 lbs and 186 lbs all teams do is load their big match up players who are 6'5" and 220 lbs against them in the play off's and they get neutralized.

Further, because of the size factor they are only effective in the offensive end so we play other guys in all defensive situations. Ultimately our "best" players are not on the ice as much as other "superstar" players.

If we do not get a big forward, I'm not a proponent of breaking them up; but I am for double shifting Henrik with the 3rd line and Daniel with the 2knd. Hank can get Kassian, Higgins or Hansen scoring against weaker match ups without any doubt and get their confidence up. Booth and Kesler would absolutely light it up with a passer / scorer as gifted as Danny. Both these line variations afford the Twins way more size and protection also. Then out they pop with Burrows in the offensive zone or on the power play!

Ultimately our team is tougher physically to load up against or constantly line match against as we rotate.