The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Shane Doan Isn't the Greatest Fit

Avicii

We would definitely have Doan on the second line playing with Kesler. Burrows gets 30 goals with the Sedins.. if he didn't play with them he would have a tough time getting 20.

Doan would get powerplay time with the Sedins because of his right handed shot.. which would be absolutely unstoppable with cross crease one-timers.

Fight? .. :picard: ..I demand proof afore you and the "fan-boy fringe" postulate further nonsense .. he is a coward .. there IS proof of that .. what 3 fights in 4 years and all when he was forced to? .. :lol:

Gillis has probably been targeting him for years now and so he probably should have, until he acquired David Booth. People are asking for a line-up of:

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Booth - Kesler - Burrows/Kassian

How does that fix anything? Our 2nd line still doesn't have a playmaker and Booth/Kesler will continue to hog the puck. Doesn't help much that Booth utterly fails at passing too. We will have pretty much barely any cap space left to do anything.. Even in a Luongo trade, you can't get Versteeg if you get Doan cause there isn't that cap space, unless you want to trade Ballard and have the crappiest 3rd pairing ever.

Don't be fooled, i'd love to see Doan here. He would make our line-up that much bigger and stronger, but he doesn't fill our needs really. And even if you put him on the second line, Doan isn't a playmaker, he also needs the puck to be effective. That's 3 puck hogs on 1 line..

Should've went for Ray Whitney..

Don't worry he has opened up about his feelings. He basically hates Doaner for one questionable hit he had on one of our Canucks about 10 years ago. Now all Tearloch does is look for threads that mentions Shane Doan and uses it to bash a good hockey player. With all the talk of Shane Doan on this site Tearloch's post count has really gone up lol.

Yep,Booth or Burr will be traded if Doan is brought in.Better get a winger that can play and punish.

Booth and Burr do not have the skill set to protect Kes . Big winger needed on second line that is not on this team to date.

Volpatti is a wild card and may have the hands to move up from the fourth line.Certainly the type of player this team needs but with a bit more skill to protect and open up ice.However,likely not to move up beyond third line duties.

Lappy,Kess and Burr.Lappy throws em and punishes.The guy played great with Burr and Hank.

You're crazy if you think Volpatti is anything other than a 4th liner for 99% of his shifts. Lappy's great as a fill in for the top 6 but won't have the same success in a longer term role.

Booth and Burrows aren't likely to be traded, at least not without significant return. Burrows more so than Booth, but unless we get a top 6 forward to replace them back in the deal, I don't see it happening.

OP: You are wrong. Doan would be a great fit in Vancouver if he decides to play here. Best option out there, end of story.. Lupul is a joke, so shut it, all of you little Lupul lovin' losers, get a leafs jersey, he sucks. Doan's big, strong, has good hands and will not hesitate to lay a huge check (or cheap shot) if needed.

I notice a lot of people loving it up on Booth... Did you watch him play last year? Did you watch him and MayRay in the ice dance syncro event or were you too busy playing EA sports and texting your little friends? He sucked, he's MayRay 2.0 out there. It's the same guys ( or girls ) loving on Booth that are saying trade MayRay and things like Doan isn't the best fit.. Shut up.. When you watch hockey, watch the game and pay attention. I swear to god, you feeble minded adolescence need to stop making threads or even commenting on them.

Garrison better do something good out here or Gillis should be banned from signing any player out of the weak ass SE division. I mean seriously, how's that going for you Mike? Sorry what? AV is making Ballard suck? Oh yeah... Hu, so what's wrong with Booth? He's an upgrade on Samuellson.... but who isn't? Yes, I know Luongo came outta Florida, to now hold several goaltending records for the Canucks and is surely the best goalie to ever wear a Canucks jersey but... Burke got him.

Archived