The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Shane Doan Isn't the Greatest Fit

Avicii

It is SO awful to have skilled players getting pummeled by the opposition and neither Burrows nor Booth help in that area.

If Doan signs on here and plays second line then Kes gets big time support and playing room.

The Sedins still suffer concussions and get rag dolled with Burr on their wing.

The point I made is neither Booth nor Burr protect their line mates like Doan can.

If Canucks .org bring on two big winners for both Kes and the Sedins then two wingers have to go.

If MG doesn't change the complexion of his top-6, AV should really split up the Sedins to achieve the best chemistry across our top-9.

Booth (shooter) - Henrik (playmaker) - Burrows (powerforward in front of the net/forechecker)

Daniel (playmaker) - Kesler (shooter) - Higgins (powerforward)

Raymond (playmaker) - Lapierre (powerforward) - Hansen (shooter)

It is SO awful to have skilled players getting pummeled by the opposition and neither Burrows nor Booth help in that area.

If Doan signs on here and plays second line then Kes gets big time support and playing room.

The Sedins still suffer concussions and get rag dolled with Burr on their wing.

The point I made is neither Booth nor Burr protect their line mates like Doan can.

If Canucks .org bring on two big winners for both Kes and the Sedins then two wingers have to go.

Gillis has probably been targeting him for years now and so he probably should have, until he acquired David Booth. People are asking for a line-up of:

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Booth - Kesler - Burrows/Kassian

How does that fix anything? Our 2nd line still doesn't have a playmaker and Booth/Kesler will continue to hog the puck. Doesn't help much that Booth utterly fails at passing too. We will have pretty much barely any cap space left to do anything.. Even in a Luongo trade, you can't get Versteeg if you get Doan cause there isn't that cap space, unless you want to trade Ballard and have the crappiest 3rd pairing ever.

Don't be fooled, i'd love to see Doan here. He would make our line-up that much bigger and stronger, but he doesn't fill our needs really. And even if you put him on the second line, Doan isn't a playmaker, he also needs the puck to be effective. That's 3 puck hogs on 1 line..

Should've went for Ray Whitney..

If MG doesn't change the complexion of his top-6, AV should really split up the Sedins to achieve the best chemistry across our top-9.

Booth (shooter) - Henrik (playmaker) - Burrows (powerforward in front of the net/forechecker)

The irony of you chastising others for making Doan out to be something he is NOT is too much to bear.

He's an olympian, the Captain of his team, has won gold at the World Championships, captained Team Canada to gold in 2007…Suffice it to say the guys in the locker room seem to respect him enough to make him their leader and captain. If they seem to think he's a respectable guy of integrity and leadership, I'd sooner take their word over the drunken ramblings of a nobody who spends half his waking hours searching for opportunities to bad mouth Shane Doan.

But hey, maybe all those guys he plays with who know him best are all wrong, and the one guy watching on Sportsnet from thousands of miles away actually knows better, it could happen.

Oh no .. they let you out of the Institution? .. I base my opinions on years of watching Doan play, both live and on TV .. you base your opinions on the gas that escapes yer bowels .. the testimonials to Doan's cowardice are there for all to see .. if he stays in Phoenix he has a chance to lead the Coyotes out of the desert .. maybe even to a Cup final, tho I doubt it .. and drunken ramblings?.. please .. I am a crack addict NOT a boozer .. you too appear to be a "crack" addict .. keep inhaling ..

Oh, and when you have time, please post the comments of all those guys he plays with .. ask some of the guys he has cheap-shotted then run from .. they probably have a different perspective ..

Only you could make fun of someone for having a life outside of coming here to bitch about Shane Doan.

The "testimonials to Doan's cowardice," as far as you've shown us, amount to one clip of Doan hitting Ohlund a little high on a split-second play about 10 years ago, a moment you can't seem to let go of all these years later. You might want to see a therapist about that.

I bet if you asked Ohlund HIMSELF, he'd admit Doan is a classy guy and a great player, you seem to be the only one who either can't or won't.

As far as comments of all those guys he plays with, I think the "C" on his jersey speaks for itself, do you really think they would all agree to make a guy captain if they thought he was a coward and a cheap-shot artist? Grow a brain and think about that one for a second, you make less sense with every argument you make.

I'm not saying Shane Doan is the right player for the Canucks, or even that I hope he signs here, but your one-man Crusade against Shane Doan is childish and pathetic and I'm pretty sure I speak on behalf of the majority when I say we wish you would just shut up already, we already know your opinion on Shane Doan, and few (none?) of us agree with it.

Archived