The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Shane Doan Isn't the Greatest Fit

Avicii

Doan will barely protect HIMSELF, and only when cornered .. self-deception on CDC is appalling .. some of the folks here should actually WATCH a season or two of Doan before making him out to be something he is NOT .. :picard:

That is par for the course on here..........I call it "the king's new clothes" syndrome. Everyone we go after is a multiple ass kicker ..................a year later he's turned into a bag of pucks.

Unfortunately the "ass kicking Canucks" play in a parallel Universe while we have the team that gets "molested"

"There is not one player on the the top two lines that will protect Henrik,Daniel and Kes.

Aren't we tired of our star players being rag -dolled into Gillis redundancy yet?"

I really don't understand our management thinking.

From the first day we decided that the Twins were going to be on our first line we should have put someone on their wing to sort out the liberty takers. Now YEARS later we still haven't given them protection. I cant think of another top team who would have allowed this to go on for so long.

Two real tough guys having their semi-annual "bitch-fest" .. one game does not a career make .. and he only fights when he gets to start it? ... at least you are not talking out of your arse .. their is no room for the echo when yer head is stuck up there .. :lol:

Doan attacks a puzzy like Brown .. could you find one where he fights anyone tough at all?? ..

Doan is overrated in terms of what we should expect and therefore pay for him . I would love to have him but I fail to see how he will win the cup for us like most people seem to think. In spite of this he is a good fit for us at the right price

We're not getting him.

All the talk of getting him is to keep us somewhat satisfied that we're in the hunt for big name ufa's.

But he's not that great anyway. He's slow. He's not much of an offensive force. But he is big and he does hit a lot. Not as much as before, but a lot. That's not enough to throw away buckets of guaranteed cash for. Afterall, it's not like the guy can guarantee us a cup.

Enter the new CBA. If the cap goes down (and this is what Doan is waiting for), then there is NO WAY the Canucks will be getting him. He'll likely stay in Phoenix. There's a chance he moves on to a different team with far more cap space that us. But we are not getting him.

So don't worry about him not being the right fit. Not. A. Problem.

Archived