The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Shane Doan Isn't the Greatest Fit

Avicii

Gillis has probably been targeting him for years now and so he probably should have, until he acquired David Booth. People are asking for a line-up of:

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Booth - Kesler - Burrows/Kassian

How does that fix anything? Our 2nd line still doesn't have a playmaker and Booth/Kesler will continue to hog the puck. Doesn't help much that Booth utterly fails at passing too. We will have pretty much barely any cap space left to do anything.. Even in a Luongo trade, you can't get Versteeg if you get Doan cause there isn't that cap space, unless you want to trade Ballard and have the crappiest 3rd pairing ever.

Don't be fooled, i'd love to see Doan here. He would make our line-up that much bigger and stronger, but he doesn't fill our needs really. And even if you put him on the second line, Doan isn't a playmaker, he also needs the puck to be effective. That's 3 puck hogs on 1 line..

Should've went for Ray Whitney..

But seriously, Doan is a perfect fit for the Sedins. If we would have that first line we wouldn't even need a better 2nd line.

I know secondary scoring is very important, but as mentioned above. Burrows and Kesler fits perfectly together and with their combination with speed, grit and skill together with the game Booth plays will make one of the fastest lines in hockey.

The thing is, for some reason, Kesler seems to pass a lot more when he plays with Alex. I don't know if perhaps it's because Kesler actually trusts Burr and they have that chemistry or what have you. Re-uniting Frick and Frack might be just what Kesler needs.

Who knows.

Btw, that kid in that video is pretty darn good. How old is he? Full slap, top-cheddar, and sick dangles for a kid, lol. Future star!

The thing is, for some reason, Kesler seems to pass a lot more when he plays with Alex. I don't know if perhaps it's because Kesler actually trusts Burr and they have that chemistry or what have you. Re-uniting Frick and Frack might be just what Kesler needs.

Who knows.

Btw, that kid in that video is pretty darn good. How old is he? Full slap, top-cheddar, and sick dangles for a kid, lol. Future star!

I agree as far as the 2nd line goes but there is no denying that he is a perfect fit for the Sedins. Theoretically Booth would also be a fit for the Sedins, but Ned Flanders i mean... Booth isn't nasty enough.

Overall I never really bought into the whole Doan sweeps, I think the contract he receives will be a gross overpayment.

No, we wouldn't have a playmaker, but who needs that when you've got Shane Freaking Doan. This guy is an absolute BEAST, especially from what I saw these playoffs. He's EXACTLY what this team lacks and needs. Plus, Burrows and Kesler are awesome together, add in a rested and hopefully improved David Booth and that second line looks unstoppable.

My Idea of next years lineup if we somehow land Doan:

Sedin-Sedin-Doan

Burrows-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Vopatti-Manny-Kassian

Size on every line, skill on almost every line, grit on every line. What more can you ask for?

Archived