Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCVRUSH

6 Signs the Vancouver Canucks' Stanley Cup Window Is Closing

160 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Vancouver Canucks' Stanley Cup Window Closing ?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

137 posts in this topic

We need hitters and snipers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well yeah, the Sedins aren't getting any younger, that's true, but the other five points were just bulls**t.

Bleacher Report=Lists dont mean anything

If it was on like NHL.com it would have slight meaning

Most of the points were fair. The team as a whole isn't getting younger, and our prospect pool is fairly thin.

The bigger problem as aforementioned is our depth players' inability to perform in the post-season. They are all reliant on better players to produce, and have trouble lifting the puck up, creating chances on their own, and sniping.

Incorrect.

When we went to the SCF we had the top offense in the league. We only slipped to 5th last year. The problem is mislabelled as toughness. What in fact is the problem is that 3 of our 4 key scoring forwards are all 185 lbs or less and play on the same line. They are too easy to load up size against and neutralize the infamous cycle game in a seven game series.

We need to add size plain and simple, and start spreading or double shifting the Twins with other players so the Julien's, Quenneville's and Darly Sutter's of the world cant line match so damn easy.

Would not hurt if Kesler was healthy either...

Carol needs to Schram. Toughness was never this team's problem. Our problem was that we never had enough high-end offensive players that can put the puck in the back of the net. No one on this team can snipe.

Blah blah blah Sedins have at least 3-4 good years left in them....at least. Many many things will happen between now and that time.

Kesler isn't going anywhere but back up...people need to stop ignoring all of the factors going in to last season hampering the Canucks. Bruins lost out in the first round as well, did they not?

Gillis is actively counteracting this whole "window" thing by getting the team younger, bigger and stronger.

ummm duh...news flash you arent gonna stay at this level for ever.

we have another two years with this crop of players....after that who knows where this team will be

i personally think the window is realistically closed, not closing, even if it doesn't look that way. i view the canucks going into this coming season a lot like the team of 05-06. that team missed its chance in 2002-03 (like this one did losing in 2010-11), was upset the following year (again the same), and came into the 05-06 season as definite contenders, if not favourites to win. that team crapped the bed that year and missed the playoffs. i'm not sure the team will miss the playoffs this year (i'm not sure it's even possible with how terrible the division is), but i think it'll be another first round exit and time to blow things up after.

I don't believe in "windows", I think the Canucks will be contenders for many years to come. they'll evolve into a greater team over time... they're hungry to get back to that cup.. and they will get back to it...

Incorrect.

When we went to the SCF we had the top offense in the league. We only slipped to 5th last year. The problem is mislabelled as toughness. What in fact is the problem is that 3 of our 4 key scoring forwards are all 185 lbs or less and play on the same line. They are too easy to load up size against and neutralize the infamous cycle game in a seven game series.

We need to add size plain and simple, and start spreading or double shifting the Twins with other players so the Julien's, Quenneville's and Darly Sutter's of the world cant line match so damn easy.

Would not hurt if Kesler was healthy either...

its not a lack of competitive talent that worries me but dressing room chemistry. it just seems to run out eventually for every core group of players. and it makes sense when you think about it. the longer you stay working at any one job with the same group of people, the more complacent you get and the more stagnant you become. everybody needs a change of scenery and some new life breathed into their routine once in awhile.

7. A lockout will take away one of the only great years this version of the team has left.

Anything written on Bleacher Report = garbage

Not that some of the points aren't partially valid, but the people who write for BR are a joke.

I think these points are incredibly simplistic but I will agree that our window is closing. There is so much Parity in the league that the fact that we are consistently in the top 3-5 teams in the league this past decade is remarkable. The fact that we have had only one run to the finals in that time speaks even more to the fact that this team has not got it done when its mattered. I do not think that the roster additions this year will change that fact.

Honestly, people should just stop posting "articles" from Bleacher Report. Just a bunch of hack "writers" who don't know much more than the average poster on CDC.

blaming gary bettman for anything is the idiot's way out.