Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Willie Mitchell brings cup to the North Island

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Harbour04Raven

Harbour04Raven

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Today Willie Mitchell went to his hometown of Port McNeill with the Stanley cup. I happen to be in Port Hardy and managed to make it to the arena where he made an appearance.

I am immensely grateful of the support that the North Island communities showed today. Communities including Port Hardy, Port Alice, Coal Harbour, Fort Rupert and Alert Bay.

He got pictures in groups of 50-100 with everyone who showed up. I did not stay for photos, because he seemed to be focused on childen first and foremost (expected and rightfully) and I had to get back for work. He also went to Alert Bay's Big House, and was given an Indian name, meaning "amazing" (as I heard)

Attached File  552082_10152033320610249_1991427410_n.jpg   118.65KB   28 downloads

Attached File  401973_10152033318820249_85727143_n.jpg   116.74KB   19 downloads

(small versions, because my files were too large) lame small photos.

Here is a video (pretty bad quality and camera-manship. My brother was not focusing it well. Other videos may be available on Youtube. But not too sure how many will be.

Attached Files

Edited by Harbour04Raven, 12 August 2012 - 05:11 PM.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha

RIP Luc

RIP Rypper

RIP Demitra

We know that our story has just begun;We know that book of ours never ends;A million of pages front to back;I didn't think anybody would ever get something like that -Luc Bourdon

#2 YaK

YaK

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

A really nice "feel good" story for Willie after concerns his career might be over after the concussion problems. Too bad he didn't do it in a Canucks uniform, but all the best to him anyway.
Posted Image
"It felt almost like it was a dream," Burrows said of his game-winner.
"But guys jumped on me and I couldn't breathe, so I knew it was right."

#3 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

The only reason why i was the tinyest of tiny bit happy when the kings won the cup is because if willie
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#4 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,849 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

You turncoats!

#5 Harbour04Raven

Harbour04Raven

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

The only reason why i was the tinyest of tiny bit happy when the kings won the cup is because if willie

Agreed. I think that is the case for many, many North Islanders. He's a local hero who contributes to the community. So of course he will have support of everyone(imo) But it's hard knowing the Kings won the cup.
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha

RIP Luc

RIP Rypper

RIP Demitra

We know that our story has just begun;We know that book of ours never ends;A million of pages front to back;I didn't think anybody would ever get something like that -Luc Bourdon

#6 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

Happy for Willie, it was great to see him bounce back from that concussion and pick up his career in LA... very deserving guy to lift the Cup at last. :)

(also, OP, you can upload the files to a website like photobucket/flickr and embed them if you want others to see the large versions.)

abl8vt.jpg

#7 Harbour04Raven

Harbour04Raven

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

Happy for Willie, it was great to see him bounce back from that concussion and pick up his career in LA... very deserving guy to lift the Cup at last. :)

(also, OP, you can upload the files to a website like photobucket/flickr and embed them if you want others to see the large versions.)

Thanks for the pointer!!

RIP Luc

RIP Rypper

RIP Demitra

#8 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

First Lucic brought the cup, now Mitchell.

Wonder who will bring it over next season since this team ain't gettin' it done.

#9 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

First Lucic brought the cup, now Mitchell.

Wonder who will bring it over next season since this team ain't gettin' it done.

Evander Kane :emot-parrot:
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#10 Harbour04Raven

Harbour04Raven

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

Large photos:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

RIP Luc

RIP Rypper

RIP Demitra

#11 Harbour04Raven

Harbour04Raven

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

https://fbcdn-video-...f8a515736fc5a01

Link to a speech from Willie Mitchell in Alert Bay.

RIP Luc

RIP Rypper

RIP Demitra

#12 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

He was in my work a little bit ago, real nice guy. Too bad he didn't win in with Vancouver

g3HKFnX.png

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.