Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pears

(Value Of) Johnathan Huberdeau

42 posts in this topic

No one is ever untouchable. Every GM has their price. How much value can you really put on a guy who has never played in the NHL anyways? It is amusing that some think that Luongo and Edler could not get one of Florida's prospects together. That's pure comedy. Edler would net a first round pick on his own, drafted or undrafted. He is a bonafied #2 NHL defenceman. Those guys don't grow on trees and most GMs would gladly trade an unproven prospect for him.

Kesler is what it would take. Huberdeau's one of the top prospects out there. They aren't going to move him.

No one is ever untouchable. Every GM has their price. How much value can you really put on a guy who has never played in the NHL anyways? It is amusing that some think that Luongo and Edler could not get one of Florida's prospects together. That's pure comedy. Edler would net a first round pick on his own, drafted or undrafted. He is a bonafied #2 NHL defenceman. Those guys don't grow on trees and most GMs would gladly trade an unproven prospect for him.

I hope you're kidding. They are the leading pursuers for Luongo right now.

Anyway, Huberdeau is untouchable. It would have to be an offer so good they would be forced to take it, which isn't exactly what we should do right now.

I feel in the end, the best return we will get is something like

Matthias, Bjugstad for Luongo++

Hes not untouchable! everyone says he is but i heard somewhere that DT said that bjugstad and huberdeau have almost the same value. i dont remeber where, maybe it was a rumor or something but i would rather huberdeau over bjugstad anyday

maybe lu, raymond, rodin, sauve, 1st?

maybe switch hansen and raymond tho i dont want to lose hansen.

it would cost way too much, i.e. luongo, edler, tanev, and a 1st rounder. and thats just for a start.

it would cost way too much, i.e. luongo, edler, tanev, and a 1st rounder. and thats just for a start.

Yes, he is untouchable.

FLA has no intention of trading their future franchise centerman for a 33 year old goaltender, a useless player like Raymond, a late 1st round pick, and 2 prospects that are at best low-end prospects when compared to their roles and abilities next to what's already in the FLA system.

First step is to take out Luongo and Schneider from the discussion. Florida just doesnt need a goalie.

Then Florida could listen to proposal for Huberdeau.

Booth + Garrison? :rolleyes:

First step is to take out Luongo and Schneider from the discussion. Florida just doesnt need a goalie.

Then Florida could listen to proposal for Huberdeau.

Booth + Garrison? :rolleyes:

I think it is safe to say we are probably not getting back Huberdeau, gudbranson, or Bjugstad in the lui deal, unfortunately

I think it is safe to say we are probably not getting back Huberdeau, gudbranson, or Bjugstad in the lui deal, unfortunately

It would take Kesler or Edler to get Huberdeau, which won't make sense for the Canucks.

1) We've only had Booth for a year

2) We've had Garrison for just over a month

Think before you include recently signed players like Garrison in a proposal.

Calling a guy who's never played a single second of NHL hockey untouchable is an insult to all the greats that have been traded in the past like Gretzky, Jagr, Selanne, Hull, Bure etc. Huberdeau is not untouchable. Saying he won't get traded cuz it would take far too much to get him makes more sense. There are only 2 true untouchables in the NHL right now and their names are Sidney Crosby and Steven Stamkos. Huberdeau is NOWHERE near those 2.

There are only 2 true untouchables in the NHL right now and their names are Sidney Crosby and Steven Stamkos. Huberdeau is NOWHERE near those 2.

H. Sedin / D. Sedin

J Toews

S Weber

H Lundqvist

E Karlsson

A Ovechkin

Z Chara

1) We've only had Booth for a year

2) We've had Garrison for just over a month

Think before you include recently signed players like Garrison in a proposal.

He's untouchable he probably the best prospect out there to not play a single NHL game the other is Yakupov.