Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

What if.... Stanley cup final 2011

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#31 sniper_1

sniper_1

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

It was the injuries PLUS all the non-calls/referee bias

I agree injuries and non-calls. It would have also been helpful to have won at least one game in Boston. Most of those games in Boston were blow outs.

#32 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,962 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

What if, "What If" questions never existed?

307mg00.jpg

#33 sniper_1

sniper_1

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

I always imagined if in last years Stanley cup final our issue against the Bruins wasn't just injuries but that we just weren't big and strong enough that If we had Bertuzzi in his prime when he was with Vancouver in the WCE days during the time he was probably the best power forward in the game and he was paired with the Sedins would you think we couldve won that one extra game or would we have had the same results and get pushed around I personally would"ve liked our chances with Bertuzzi in his prime and think we could've won that 7th game and if Luongo played a little bit better than he did Marchand wouldn't have thought of punching Daniel and the rest of the Bruins would think twice about going after one of our stars thoughts?

Hard to say if Bertuzzi would have made a difference. That's like saying if New Jersey had a Norris Trophy Scott Niedermayer this last playoff.

#34 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

If Bertuzzi hit a single Bruin, it's pretty much a guarantee he'd get thrown out of the game. There was no way we could have won game 7 with the way that series went.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#35 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

What if we also had Pavel Bure in his prime?? :shock:

The Bruins wouldn't want to mess with this would they:

And I hear that this guy could score as well...

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#36 Canuckian93

Canuckian93

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

I'm just saying if we had Bertuzzi in his prime and put him in game 7 instead of burrows and place him on the third with torres and lapierre and put hansen on the fourth I think the result would be different.
[IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/travhave/crosby.jpg/[IMG]

#37 CrousettCanuck

CrousettCanuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

Make sure you know how to use an apostrophe properly before you criticize someone else's writing.

Yeah, but c'mon, he's just helping that guy out, in some sort of way lol. I'm tired of seeing people post a huge paragraph with out any apostrophe's, periods etc etc, it's just plane lazy and is at most of the time, hard to read.

#38 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

So who else thinks this franchise may very well be cursed?

#39 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

isn't that obvious by now?
Posted Image

#40 Honeydews

Honeydews

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

we were so close :sadno:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to pwnstar for this amazing kesler sig :)

#41 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

we were closer in 94
Posted Image

#42 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

rather have had nazzy in his prime
Posted Image

#43 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

What if the Canucks had Bertuzzi?

What if the Bruins had Orr and Neely?

What if the Canucks had secret hockey playing robots made to look exactly like human beings, except with laser eyes that can melt the ice around opposing players' skates, causing them to trip over and allowing the Canucks to easily skate circles around the other teams?

Edited by etsen3, 14 August 2012 - 02:00 AM.

#44 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

what if the canucks were the bruins. then we'd have a cup.
Posted Image

#45 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

What if we had Ehrhoff, Ballard, Malhotra, Salo, Samuelsson, and Raymond in their prime against the Bruins? What if Hamhuis wasn't injured? What if Rypien(RIP), O'Brien, Hordichuck, Bertuzzi, and Brookbank were on the ice when Marchand used Daniel as a speedbag? What if the Sharks beat us in the WCF? What if Lapierre and Burrows didn't chirp? What if the Bruins weren't tough? What if Bolland and Marchand ate a bad piece of cheese? What if CDC didn't exist? What if Stojanov became a star? What if Anson Carter didn't become a rapper? What if you weren't born? What if Vigneault was Crawford? What if Glass didn't fan on his shot? What if Oreskovich didn't have a big chin? What if the Sedins weren't twins? What if I wasn't typing this nonsense out? What if Lucic injured himself on the hipcheck? What if Bieksa stopped picking his spots? What if Chara and Lucic were on our team? What if Campbell stopped pretending to be tough? What if there was a lockout in 2011?
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#46 Lups

Lups

Jebus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

Punctuation's are your friend.

Oh the Irony! All you had to do was take out either the apostrophe or the "are".

Grammer Nazi FAIL

#47 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,647 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

The Canucks had such a hard time scoring on Thomas. How different could things have been if they had a healthy Bure in his prime?!?

#48 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

What if we had Ehrhoff, Ballard, Malhotra, Salo, Samuelsson, and Raymond in their prime against the Bruins? What if Hamhuis wasn't injured? What if Rypien(RIP), O'Brien, Hordichuck, Bertuzzi, and Brookbank were on the ice when Marchand used Daniel as a speedbag? What if the Sharks beat us in the WCF? What if Lapierre and Burrows didn't chirp? What if the Bruins weren't tough? What if Bolland and Marchand ate a bad piece of cheese? What if CDC didn't exist? What if Stojanov became a star? What if Anson Carter didn't become a rapper? What if you weren't born? What if Vigneault was Crawford? What if Glass didn't fan on his shot? What if Oreskovich didn't have a big chin? What if the Sedins weren't twins? What if I wasn't typing this nonsense out? What if Lucic injured himself on the hipcheck? What if Bieksa stopped picking his spots? What if Chara and Lucic were on our team? What if Campbell stopped pretending to be tough? What if there was a lockout in 2011?

Well then we may or may not have won the Stanley Cup in 2011.

#49 gopher canuck

gopher canuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

The old saying, if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

What if we would have won game 7? We'd have the cup!

What if this thread was never started? We would not have known what could have happened.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.