Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Better teacher for our young power fowards?

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

Basically i want to ask... who do you think would be a better leader for these young powere fowards we have.... Jensen,Kassian and maybe Bjugstad.... would you rather have doan teach them his game or Bertuzzi teach them his game?... also would you rather have Bertuzzi at the price of Ballard maybe Ballard+ or Doan for about a 7 mill cap hit when Berts is 2 mill.

and the last question would the Canucks even consider getting Bert back? I for one would love to see him retire here and if he came back i would cheer my heart out! would you?

I know my name is Bertuzzifan2010 so i am obviously Bias so my vote goes to Bertuzzi! :P lol.

Also interested to see who you guys pick and interested to see some discussion on how people would feel with Big Bert back.

Edited by BertuzziFan2010, 13 August 2012 - 06:52 AM.

#2 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

I would... but you will probably be flamed for this.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#3 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

I would... but you will probably be flamed for this.

flammed for wanting pure discussion about who people would want to teach our young power fowards? and how people would feel with having one of our best power fowards come back and have a chance to win a cup with the team he had most sucess with? geez CDC sure has a lot of haters then

Edited by BertuzziFan2010, 13 August 2012 - 06:44 AM.

#4 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

CDC sure has a lot of haters

Yeah, pretty much. You can write pretty much anything and someone on CDC will have a problem with it. Basically the only thing that everyone agrees on is Linden = Good.

Bertuzzi at the right price is a good pickup. Like you said, he could help develop younger power forwards. Is he ready to play in Vancouver again. His relationship was complicated to say the least with the team, media and fans in Vancouver.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#5 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,858 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

This is 100% clear: Bertuzzi will never play for Vancouver again.

Neither party will want to relive the media storm. It's simply not worth it for either side.

...moving on...
Posted Image

#6 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

Doan. Plays with so much heart and he is ruthless.

#7 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

I think AV and his coaches will be fine teachers. Throw in the kid's teammates and... voila! Kid's learn.

What does a "power forward" need to do, anyways? Fill his lane and find his man defensively. Go to the tough areas and fight for posssession. Pass the puck. Score some goals. Hit some people. Maybe drop the mitts once in a while. Sounds like stuff players have been doing since atom, no?

Why spend our cap space or assets on 2 old, on-the-decline power forwards who have never won anything? :blink:

Edit: I like the idea of Arnott. At least he has won a Cup. Also, don't get me wrong. Doan would be a great benefit to the team. I just don't think a new "teacher" is required for our kids.

:towel: :canucks:

Edited by lof, 13 August 2012 - 07:54 AM.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

#8 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

What does a "power forward" need to do, anyways? Fill his lane and find his man defensively. Go to the tough areas and fight for posssession. Pass the puck. Score some goals. Hit some people. Maybe drop the mitts once in a while. Sounds like stuff players have been doing since atom, no?

If it was that easy, we would have had another good power forward since Bert. Instead we had Bernier. A power forward gotta be strong on his feet. Able to hit. Stand up for his linemates. Gotta have decent hands and tremendous upper body strength helps too. Snipers can snipe and that's awesome, but a really good power forward instantly makes his linemates better.

Edited by SukhKular, 13 August 2012 - 08:07 AM.

Posted Image

#9 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,882 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

This is 100% clear: Bertuzzi will never play for Vancouver again.

Neither party will want to relive the media storm. It's simply not worth it for either side.

...moving on...

In particular, not in a year where the final court battles are still going on from the Moore incident.

Bert's level of play has dropped and he's just a good supporting player now. Doan didn't achieve as much as Bert did in his prime, but can still play a reasonable game and contribute more. If we have cap space to burn, or in the process of moving players to create cap space we gain other assets that can help us, then Doan becomes the obvious choice.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#10 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

If it was that easy, we would have had another good power forward since Bert. Instead we had Bernier. A power forward gotta be strong on his feet. Able to hit. Stand up for his linemates. Gotta have decent hands and tremendous upper body strength helps too. Snipers can snipe and that's awesome, but a really good power forward instantly makes his linemates better.

You're right, Sukh! Don't forget the Taylor Pyatt experiment, too. Both he and Bernier were attempts gone bad. Finding big guys with power forward skills, like you said, is a challenge.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

#11 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,527 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

Doan

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#12 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

Next year. Lucic.
One could only hope.
Posted Image

#13 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

i take doan
bert is my all time favorite canuck..... the steve morre incident is not over yet,,,, berts not playing here
lucic is not playing for the canucks he is a bruin for life franchise player boston loves him

#14 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,373 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

I wish we could just undo the Luongo trade. Bertuzzi and Allen would both help our team out immensely.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#15 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

both :bigblush:
Posted Image

#16 Mack Attack

Mack Attack

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

So a Bertuzzi or Doan is supposed to teach Kassian et al to be strong on their feet and to hit? You're getting it wrong. Veterans mentor young players off the ice. Set an example for fitness, commitment, how to carry themselves professionally and how to be a team-mate. They're not teaching them how to play hockey. We have an experienced enough core with veteran leaders that we don't need to sign someone just for that aspect.

Edited by Mack Attack, 13 August 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#17 gwarrior

gwarrior

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

i wouldnt mind bertuzzi comming back... that said, its probably more realistic that doan lands here. i just cant see bertuzzi wanting to come back here.

#18 DEEZ_NUCKS

DEEZ_NUCKS

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

YEAH BRING BIG BAD BERT BACK SO WE THE FANS GET A CHANCE TO STAND BEHIND HIM LIKE WE SHOULD'VE THE FIRST TIME AROUND;; BTW THAT DOESN4T MEAN THAT I WOULDN'T LOVE TO SE DOAN IN OUR JERSEY JUST THAT I BELIEVE WE DID BERT WRONG.... DOAN PLEASE COME ON OVER WE THE FANS WILL TREAT YOU RIGHT

#19 Red-Haired_Shanks

Red-Haired_Shanks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

i would love bert back. but with the bad memories of is time in van i dont see him coming back. that ship has sailed, but if we did get him back i think i would buy a modern day betruzzi jersey as soon as it came out.
NHL! WHY YOU LOCKOUT!

#20 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

Next year. Lucic.
One could only hope.

The idea should be to draft these players in the first place.
Posted Image

#21 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

Will the real Brad Isbister please stand up?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.