The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Better teacher for our young power fowards?

Basically i want to ask... who do you think would be a better leader for these young powere fowards we have.... Jensen,Kassian and maybe Bjugstad.... would you rather have doan teach them his game or Bertuzzi teach them his game?... also would you rather have Bertuzzi at the price of Ballard maybe Ballard+ or Doan for about a 7 mill cap hit when Berts is 2 mill.

and the last question would the Canucks even consider getting Bert back? I for one would love to see him retire here and if he came back i would cheer my heart out! would you?

I know my name is Bertuzzifan2010 so i am obviously Bias so my vote goes to Bertuzzi! :P lol.

Also interested to see who you guys pick and interested to see some discussion on how people would feel with Big Bert back.

I think AV and his coaches will be fine teachers. Throw in the kid's teammates and... voila! Kid's learn.

What does a "power forward" need to do, anyways? Fill his lane and find his man defensively. Go to the tough areas and fight for posssession. Pass the puck. Score some goals. Hit some people. Maybe drop the mitts once in a while. Sounds like stuff players have been doing since atom, no?

Why spend our cap space or assets on 2 old, on-the-decline power forwards who have never won anything? :blink:

Edit: I like the idea of Arnott. At least he has won a Cup. Also, don't get me wrong. Doan would be a great benefit to the team. I just don't think a new "teacher" is required for our kids.

:towel::canucks:

What does a "power forward" need to do, anyways? Fill his lane and find his man defensively. Go to the tough areas and fight for posssession. Pass the puck. Score some goals. Hit some people. Maybe drop the mitts once in a while. Sounds like stuff players have been doing since atom, no?

If it was that easy, we would have had another good power forward since Bert. Instead we had Bernier. A power forward gotta be strong on his feet. Able to hit. Stand up for his linemates. Gotta have decent hands and tremendous upper body strength helps too. Snipers can snipe and that's awesome, but a really good power forward instantly makes his linemates better.

If it was that easy, we would have had another good power forward since Bert. Instead we had Bernier. A power forward gotta be strong on his feet. Able to hit. Stand up for his linemates. Gotta have decent hands and tremendous upper body strength helps too. Snipers can snipe and that's awesome, but a really good power forward instantly makes his linemates better.

YEAH BRING BIG BAD BERT BACK SO WE THE FANS GET A CHANCE TO STAND BEHIND HIM LIKE WE SHOULD'VE THE FIRST TIME AROUND;; BTW THAT DOESN4T MEAN THAT I WOULDN'T LOVE TO SE DOAN IN OUR JERSEY JUST THAT I BELIEVE WE DID BERT WRONG.... DOAN PLEASE COME ON OVER WE THE FANS WILL TREAT YOU RIGHT

Archived