The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

U.S. Facebook page calls for American-only Costco shopping times

-Vintage Canuck-

To the guy asking about why Indians buy a crapload of milk...we have several reasons lol.

- buy for ourselves and relatives/neighbours

- for cha (chai/tea) , we usually have 3+ cups a day (morning, afternoon, evening)

- homemade yogurt , you need quite a bit of milk

- sweets , " (some ppl make their own sweets)

In general, we use milk for EVERYTHING.

To the guy asking about why Indians buy a crapload of milk...we have several reasons lol.

- buy for ourselves and relatives/neighbours

- for cha (chai/tea) , we usually have 3+ cups a day (morning, afternoon, evening)

- homemade yogurt , you need quite a bit of milk

- sweets , " (some ppl make their own sweets)

In general, we use milk for EVERYTHING.

This isn't a problem for the USA, it's a problem for Canada. We should be buying locally, it is a lot healthier for our economy.

The USA residents are complaining about a service they aren't obligated to, and these stores aren't going to sign up for an America-Only day. Why? Because it generates a much smaller amount of revenue.

The USA also took advantage of Canada when the USD was greater than the CAD by cross-border purchasing of goods.

Really, America has a lot of problems it shouldn't have, like how it is complaining about the mosque being put up near WTC, which just shows how ignorant some people can be. Sometimes, the residents just need to grow up.

They should be glad Canadians are cross-border shopping. It's the only thing that is keeping Bellingham from being a ghost town. I remember when Washington state was contemplating NO TAX (like Oregon) for out-of-towners (hope to increase tourism). Bellingham was against the idea because much of their revenue is from Canadians cross-border shopping.

I personally hate cross-border shopping just for the day. Waste of time and gas just to save a few bucks. I cross-border shop maybe 3-4 times a year.

Archived