The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

U.S. Facebook page calls for American-only Costco shopping times

-Vintage Canuck-

This news apparently reached the U.K too.

I saw pictures at the UK newspaper about people buying bulks of milk (whole cart full). As a Canadian, it baffles me. What do these people do with that much milk?

I don't go to the states for cross-border shopping. My parents does sometimes (once ever 3-5 months). When they do, they only buy two jugs of milk (one for us and one for both my nephews). We can hardly finish one jug of milk.

I now can see why some Americans are mad but this should have been handled in a more civilized manner. Don't think this facebook group will make much difference except a few people boycotting and going to the one at Burlington

Well, they drink it. That kinda seems like an obvious thing to do with milk.

They may have large families and so need the extra milk and buy it in bulk to last a couple of weeks.

I know some Indian families make their own yogurt from milk, so that can end up using a lot of milk too.

It's all consumed i'm sure.

The question i have, is why aren't you drinking more milk? Osteoporosis is a bitch. Don't say you haven't been warned.

This news apparently reached the U.K too.

I saw pictures at the UK newspaper about people buying bulks of milk (whole cart full). As a Canadian, it baffles me. What do these people do with that much milk?

I don't go to the states for cross-border shopping. My parents does sometimes (once ever 3-5 months). When they do, they only buy two jugs of milk (one for us and one for both my nephews). We can hardly finish one jug of milk.

I now can see why some Americans are mad but this should have been handled in a more civilized manner. Don't think this facebook group will make much difference except a few people boycotting and going to the one at Burlington

Well it's completely obvious they use it for drinking. I didn't know what other cultures used it for that's why I'm curious. In my culture, we don't really use milk except to drink it that's why we don't really need to buy bulks of it.

Unfortunately, I'm lactose intolerance. If I wasn't, definitely would enjoy milk.

Always helps to learn more about other cultures, i always say. So, good on you for asking I guess.

I think milk and milk products are a staple in many if not most Indian households.

Also, I recommend you go to Costco and purchase broccoli and cabbage in bulk to get adequate calcium intake. If anything, you can start a new controversy around how Canadians are buying all the American's broccoli and cabbage.

Always helps to learn more about other cultures, i always say. So, good on you for asking I guess.

I think milk and milk products are a staple in many if not most Indian households.

Also, I recommend you go to Costco and purchase broccoli and cabbage in bulk to get adequate calcium intake. If anything, you can start a new controversy around how Canadians are buying all the American's broccoli and cabbage.

I'm always fascinated about other cultures. I ask a lot of questions because I'm really curious. I hope I didn't offend someone by asking that question.

Ah I see. That's really interesting! I never knew. I mean I have a lot of East Indian friends but they don't really talk about food (guess no one really initiated the conversation about cultural foods).

Well that's an idea :bigblush:

I just checked out the facebook page again. Wow, this topic has really blown out of proportions.

The bad news is that by the time the "milk" is processed, it is no longer really "milk" .. can you really make yogurt from that "crap" .. it must be yummy .. anything that rots before it can turn sour is not for me .. tho I bet it makes great "sour cream" .. :lol:

Archived