103 replies to this topic

#61 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

They better thank their lucky stars that we haven't started mating with their cashiers yet.

Canadians caught performing acts of bestiality will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law in the U.S.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#62 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,635 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

To the guy asking about why Indians buy a crapload of milk...we have several reasons lol.

- buy for ourselves and relatives/neighbours
- for cha (chai/tea) , we usually have 3+ cups a day (morning, afternoon, evening)
- homemade yogurt , you need quite a bit of milk
- sweets , " (some ppl make their own sweets)

In general, we use milk for EVERYTHING.

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#63 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,987 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

First World Problems, indeed.

:picard:

Well used. I laughed :lol:
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#64 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,702 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wUT-PRn1sE

Why don't they complain about their own government subsidizing the dairy industry which is why the prices are so low?

Wow.

#65 Cindilette

Cindilette

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

To the guy asking about why Indians buy a crapload of milk...we have several reasons lol.

- buy for ourselves and relatives/neighbours
- for cha (chai/tea) , we usually have 3+ cups a day (morning, afternoon, evening)
- homemade yogurt , you need quite a bit of milk
- sweets , " (some ppl make their own sweets)

In general, we use milk for EVERYTHING.

I can now see why you guys need a lot of milk. Thank you for sharing that. I really appreciate it :)

#66 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

Really?? I've had the opposite experience. Every time I travel in US, I find the residents to be friendly and helpful, especially when it comes to getting directions.

Tell them you're Iranian next time.

#67 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#68 JeremyW

JeremyW

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

This isn't a problem for the USA, it's a problem for Canada. We should be buying locally, it is a lot healthier for our economy.

The USA residents are complaining about a service they aren't obligated to, and these stores aren't going to sign up for an America-Only day. Why? Because it generates a much smaller amount of revenue.

The USA also took advantage of Canada when the USD was greater than the CAD by cross-border purchasing of goods.

Really, America has a lot of problems it shouldn't have, like how it is complaining about the mosque being put up near WTC, which just shows how ignorant some people can be. Sometimes, the residents just need to grow up.

#69 We Broke The Cup

We Broke The Cup

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

I usually just sick my pet Polar Bear on 'em.

You guys have Polar bears! I'll trade you 2 possums and an alligator straight up?

I wonder if part of the overcrowding can be attributed to Costco now selling liquor? I still haven't got use to seeing it at Safeway.

Edited by We Broke The Cup, 14 August 2012 - 05:11 AM.

#70 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wUT-PRn1sE

Why don't they complain about their own government subsidizing the dairy industry which is why the prices are so low?

my reaction...

Posted Image

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#71 Bork Laser

Bork Laser

Pump Dragon

• Members
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Well the page seems to be removed now.
Posted Image

Credit to Twilight Sparkle

#72 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,929 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

Well the page seems to be removed now.

Good.

There's another page similar to the one that was deleted, and was created 7 hours ago. Titled " Bellingham Costco needs a special time just for Canadians" - http://www.facebook....ustForCanadians

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-, 13 August 2012 - 11:54 PM.

307mg00.jpg

#73 22Sedinery33

22Sedinery33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

Oh them American's, their lack of intelligence is quite humorous...
Posted Image

#74 Bork Laser

Bork Laser

Pump Dragon

• Members
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

Good.

There's another page similar to the one that was deleted, and was created 7 hours ago. Titled " Bellingham Costco needs a special time just for Canadians" - http://www.facebook....ustForCanadians

Oh wow lol. But that isn't quite necessary isn't it?
Posted Image

Credit to Twilight Sparkle

#75 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

u probably dont wanna go down to costco there.. many angry americans will scratch your car... i rather go to the costco further away... less ppl too..

#76 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

Could this be the modern version of the Pig War?
Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#77 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,205 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:04 AM

Could this be the modern version of the Pig War?

the Costco milk kerfuffle?

#78 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,645 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

Buy local and keep the money in your Community, ya short-sighted wankers .. B)

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#79 Ovech Trick

Ovech Trick

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Why not just pullover on side of the road, hop over fence to milk cow before reaching border. I know they are there, I smell them.
Posted Image

Capitalist Hockey League - Minnesota Wild GM

#80 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

They should be glad Canadians are cross-border shopping. It's the only thing that is keeping Bellingham from being a ghost town. I remember when Washington state was contemplating NO TAX (like Oregon) for out-of-towners (hope to increase tourism). Bellingham was against the idea because much of their revenue is from Canadians cross-border shopping.

I personally hate cross-border shopping just for the day. Waste of time and gas just to save a few bucks. I cross-border shop maybe 3-4 times a year.

#81 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

If they want people to buy their stuff, then they should lower their prices. Can't fault people for trying to save their own money.

#82 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,645 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

If they want people to buy their stuff, then they should lower their prices. Can't fault people for trying to save their own money.

There was a day when "Communities" could/would form a co-operative to buy such commodities in bulk, and benefit the whole Community, not just those who have the where withal to travel .. alas, those days seem to be behind us ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#83 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,292 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

Nevermind buy local...buy organic milk! (You can buy it local too if you like)

You know what's in the regular stuff :sick:

Edited by J.R., 14 August 2012 - 10:46 AM.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#84 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,292 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

DP

Edited by J.R., 14 August 2012 - 10:46 AM.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#85 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

There was a day when "Communities" could/would form a co-operative to buy such commodities in bulk, and benefit the whole Community, not just those who have the where withal to travel .. alas, those days seem to be behind us ..

Co-Ops are still alive and kicking. I always see them on the island for food, gas, farming, etc.

But, they aren't as prominent as before. Welcome to the world of Big Box bulk consumerism.

#86 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

I hate people like this.

So true. This guy has nothing to be embarassed about. Why should he apologize for the rudeness of other individuals just because he's from the same country? It's not like the rude people represent all of Canada.

Not sure why they made a news story out of this, but I can understand why the American shoppers would be frustrated at overcrowded stores. Who doesn't get annoyed by big crowds in malls, lineups, and such? On the other hand, Canadian bring a lot of money to their city and more jobs. Having an Americans only time seems like a stupid and unfair way to reduce overcrowding. I don't really see how they would enforce the rule of "Americans only", and actually I don't know how that guy could tell if it was a Canadian that was being rude to him.

#87 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

They should be glad Canadians are cross-border shopping. It's the only thing that is keeping Bellingham from being a ghost town. I remember when Washington state was contemplating NO TAX (like Oregon) for out-of-towners (hope to increase tourism). Bellingham was against the idea because much of their revenue is from Canadians cross-border shopping.

Ipersonally hate cross-border shopping just for the day. Waste of time and gas just to save a few bucks. I cross-border shop maybe 3-4 times a year.

Then you arent doing it right.

The gas I use, I easily save in the price difference in gas prices down there.
Posted Image

#88 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

Eggs and Milk is way cheaper in the US because Canada is stucked with Marketing Boards, which is a supply management system.

Unless Marketing Boards are abolished, dairy prodcuts will be always cheaper over the border. The Tory government have made some noises about changing the Marketing Boards but vested interests are against it.

#89 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,702 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

I don't really see how they would enforce the rule of "Americans only", and actually I don't know how that guy could tell if it was a Canadian that was being rude to him.

Show a piece of American-issued ID (which a Canadian can have upon becoming a US citizen)

oh snapz.

#90 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

Really?? I've had the opposite experience. Every time I travel in US, I find the residents to be friendly and helpful, especially when it comes to getting directions. I actually have bad interactions with Canadians whether I've been to US or travelling inside BC. I actually find people in Vancouver and BC to be generally stuck ups. At skytrain stations you have bunch of idiots who push their way into the skytrain without allowing people to get off. One time I also had a confrontation with a BC resident, because they thought my broken down car was in their lawn (which was not). Although Canadians from other provinces are really nice.

Wow just a slight generalization based on your very limited interactions with a very small percentage of the population of BC much?

Ridiculous post.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.