The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Vancouver Canucks Have A Plan But Mike Gillis Is Yet To Deliver

Noheart

I don't remember when the last off season was simliar to this one. I am aware that gms and teams are waiting to see what happens with the CBA but besides that this whole offseason has been a big waiting game. It first started with Suter and Parise then people said the dominos would fall into place, then it was Nash, and now it is onto Doan to see what he will do (most likely stay in PHX).

I like how this writer Daniel Schöpf says 3 strikes but completely omits the signings of both Schneider (signed before an offer sheet arrived) and Garrison (with a hometown discount). Another pessimistic MG can't get er' done piece probably to be followed by a trade Kesler because he all washed up thread. :picard:

I can't wait for summer to be over.

...HAS yet to deliver.

I don't normally bother with the spelling-Nazi routine. But when a guy wants to set himself up as some sort of de facto journalist, and then has a blatent grammatical error in his title...

Of course, I guess it served well as a warning of what was to follow.

I absolutely HATE that people say we "missed out" on players. It's not like Shultz and Weber just flatout said, "Oh yeah, the only team on my list is Vancouver. It's pretty much a guarantee" so we didn't "miss out" on anyone, or anything.

You guys aren't on Mike Gillis's payroll so no need to brown nose. You bet your sweet bippy we missed out on Schultz, verdict is out on the Kassian trade, booth trade didn't pan out, Marco Sturm and the rest of the 4th liner signings didn't bode too well either. Nervous as hell to see if GMMG can rebound with this Luongo fiasco although I am confident in the Garrison signing at a slight discount.

I like how this writer Daniel Schöpf says 3 strikes but completely omits the signings of both Schneider (signed before an offer sheet arrived) and Garrison (with a hometown discount). Another pessimistic MG can't get er' done piece probably to be followed by a trade Kesler because he all washed up thread. :picard:

I can't wait for summer to be over.

You guys aren't on Mike Gillis's payroll so no need to brown nose. You bet your sweet bippy we missed out on Schultz, verdict is out on the Kassian trade, booth trade didn't pan out, Marco Sturm and the rest of the 4th liner signings didn't bode too well either. Nervous as hell to see if GMMG can rebound with this Luongo fiasco although I am confident in the Garrison signing at a slight discount.

So sick of hearing we missed out on players. Weber, near impossible to sign because he was an RFA therefore any offer we make could be matched and hes done. Phillys GM is so stupid and offered the 14 years or whatever which screws everyone. We missed out on Schutlz? A guy who has proven not a single thing and hes supposed to be better than people on our D who have and do prove themselves year after year? If Doan stays with Phoenix (Like he said he wants to) does that mean we missed out on that too and its Gillis' fault? Mix in a clue people

For future reference, i mean if you plan on writing for the Canucks in the future, you should know that 'the fans' here expect us to sign pretty much all the free agents every summer. I mean you probably know that. At least i hope you would. But if that's the bar, then failure to do 'as the fans expect' should be fairly expected. ie. It's impossible.

Also for future reference, while this might sound like some knowitall blabbering anonymous hater is not fully appreciating your article, it would help at this point to not come up with a mere review of what we already know. Instead, realizing what cdc is all about, it would be more usefull to create a multitude of fake twitter accounts to boost your rumour breaking cred while randomly speculating on where Luongo could possibly end up. That is, somewhere other than what's already been discussed or for a package not already discussed.

At this point we want to be entertained by 'totally awesome rumour breaking' and 'WE'RE GOING TO GET _____!' talk. Not bored by endless doom 'n gloom reviews.

Yes. Feed the monster of cdc expectations. It doesn't even have to be legit.

Archived