Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

The Vancouver Canucks Have A Plan But Mike Gillis Is Yet To Deliver

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#61 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,219 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

King of the ES and Bodee: .. you two should start a Blog .. shared brain .. so much for the old axiom about opinions and rectums .. :)

Edited by Tearloch7, 14 August 2012 - 01:36 PM.

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#62 Walkin'2929

Walkin'2929

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

Change takes time. Even the best laid plans do not come to fruition automatically , unless you able and willing to spend the Earth. As we all know MG is ultra sensible.

Okay, so Hodgson is gone. So what? Who really cares anyway. Let's not waste another second worrying about losing some guy who didn't want to be here.

Did the Canucks really "lose out" on Schultz? Are you really losing out, when you miss signing a prima-donna who demands blue-line minutes without earning them?

Forget Weber, he wanted too much. Forget Doan, he's not coming here, he wants too much for his age, considering what we will get in return.

Where exactly did MG mess up? I don't see it. So he stood toe-to-toe and was true to his word about protecting the future of this franchise without selling the farm. Good on him!

This article is attempting to play on our emotions, in the ready knowledge that the Canucks do need to get more versatile up front if they are ever going to have Stanley Cup glory. But, do the Canucks really need to act in desperation? No.

#63 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Okay, so Hodgson is gone. So what? Who really cares anyway. Let's not waste another second worrying about losing some guy who didn't want to be here.

Did the Canucks really "lose out" on Schultz? Are you really losing out, when you miss signing a prima-donna who demands blue-line minutes without earning them?

RE: Hodgson, you'll care as his career plays out, and he becomes a top-six player for the next decade.

RE: Schultz, yes, the Canucks really "lost out". Gillis hinted even to season ticket holders that it was going to happen. They expected him, as did 95% of people on this board (I was berated for saying that the likely and logical place for him to end up was Edmonton, BTW). And why is he suddenly a "prima-donna"? Why do I get the feeling that he wouldn't be called those sorts of names had he actually signed with the Canucks? Seriously, just pathetic. Stop.

Forget Weber, he wanted too much. Forget Doan, he's not coming here, he wants too much for his age, considering what we will get in return.

Where exactly did MG mess up? I don't see it. So he stood toe-to-toe and was true to his word about protecting the future of this franchise without selling the farm. Good on him!

This attitude sums up why we've gotten exactly 0 championships in 42 years. The future can wait. Daniel & Henrik's super-stardom can not.

#64 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,629 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Agreed.

The tragedy for me is this excellent team has been handicapped for 2 years now due to firstly, someone to protect the twins and make space around them.

Secondly we have and have had for a while a tenacious D, offensively capable but lacking the size to protect our goalie and clear bodies without fear of pushback.

Sami imo was too good to let go for the want of one more year............when fit he was known quality, calm under pressure and a big body. Rome was not the greatest of Ds but he was a great team man and solid defensively, as far as I can see, he is yet to be replaced.

The problem is they don't even try to protect themselves. Every star I can think of actually does fight back, and yes, even Semin, although it looked like was playing the bongo drums. At least he tried.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.