The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gilbert Brule Has Reportedly Signed With ZSC Lions

Development in hockey is over-rated...good players go straight from juniors to the NHL...have a look at last year's top 20 scorers and see how many of them spent more than 1 year in the minors. It pretty much speaks to that the junior system is good enough to develop NHL ready players. The longer you spend not in the NHL, the chances of you developing into a top NHL player are slim. As I said in another post, if you are going into your 3rd training camp still trying to crack the NHL lineup, you likely aren't going to amount to much.

To Vancouver: Ryan Johansen + Steve Mason + Fla 2013 1st

To Columbus: Roberto Luongo + Stephen Weiss + Mason Raymond

To Florida: RJ Umberger + Chris Tanev + Van 2013 2nd + Boone Jenner

This might not help us win now, but depending on how Mason preformes in the pre season and if Lack is ready, we could trade Mason for something decent.

Brule did want to sign with the Canucks. Canucks weren't interested. He is for sure playing in switzerland next season, he's leaving on a plane on Wednesday.

He didn't want to wait too long because if there is a lockout, he would have more competition to sign with a club in Europe as many other players would be seeking work there as well.

Source: he's my neighbour.

Brule did want to sign with the Canucks. Canucks weren't interested. He is for sure playing in switzerland next season, he's leaving on a plane on Wednesday.

He didn't want to wait too long because if there is a lockout, he would have more competition to sign with a club in Europe as many other players would be seeking work there as well.

Source: he's my neighbour.

Its a huge adjustment from playing against 18 year old teens to playing against men. The difference in size, speed and probably most importantly strength is tremendous. Only people absolutely ready can make a smooth adjustment. If you're not totally confident out there it must be a horrible feeling. Going from being one of the best to just another guy-or even worse-being embarassed by not being able to compete at a competent level. I think that's where rushing a player hurts them.

Archived