The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan O'Reilly Offer Sheet

Young center who just had a breakout season for the avs. Don't know why they haven't signed him since they aren't even at the cap floor... Vancouver should take advantage and send him an offer sheet. Lose some draft picks but we want to win now and we need a thirdline center who can play second line when kes is out.

What kind of term and money do you guys think it would take to snag him from Colorado. Keep in mind they consider him lower than Stastny and Duchene on their depth chart. Would it be worth it?

• $1,110,249 or below - No Compensation

• Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick

• Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick

• Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd

• Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd

• Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd

• Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

I mean why not try and poach a player on a division rival... Its not like u are good terms with them anyways

Offer him a 5 year/3.8m deal and see what happens....if they match it so what you move on and continue your hatred for one another

This would be a great way to start a serious rivalry with colorado

You literally have nothing to lose and have everything to gain

I mean why not try and poach a player on a division rival... Its not like u are good terms with them anyways

Offer him a 5 year/3.8m deal and see what happens....if they match it so what you move on and continue your hatred for one another

This would be a great way to start a serious rivalry with colorado

You literally have nothing to lose and have everything to gain

I think there's literally nothing to gain either because they're going to match any offer.

It would just be seen as a stupid jab at their franchise to make them pay more and disrupt they're salary cap planning. Then when they turn around and do the same thing to us, we're totally screwed because we're right at the cap at all times.

Don't want him, don't need him. This team already has enough bottom 6 type forwards on the roster and bunch more draft picks/AHL'ers who can fill out the bottom end. It's time for someone in the minors to step up and grab one of the openings this team has. O'Reilly came straight from juniors and assumed a checking role instantly. Though I guess according to the wisdom of many posters on this board, Colorado rushed him to the NHL *rolls eyes*.

i still just see it as a stupid pointless slap in the face to their organization, as the gm would be fired on the spot for not matching so he obviously would match. financially handicapping them is all you would be doing by making them sign a contract they never negotiated, so its just a pointless dickmove.

theres a time and place for offersheets but everytime a player has a breakout season isnt it.

edit: and its easy to say just sign them before july 1st but theres other what if factors to it. What if edler finally emerges as a norris caliber dman this year? and burrows scores 45 goals? lol unlikely i know, but they could offer kassian a decent overpayment gambling he is going to be the next lucic. then we lose out on utilizing kassian in his breakout seasons under a cheap contract because we were forced to let him walk... actually thinking about it, there is the time and place for an offersheet and im sure he would probably get one anyways haha

this is a business, no one is here to make friends. there is always a fear of reperussions for your actions but if you never gamble how are you gonna win?

if everything goes peachy...

to fla: luongo, raymond

to van: bjugstad, bergenheim, 2nd pick 2012

to nsh: ballard

to van: 3rd pick 2013

sign doan 2yr/11m

sign ellis 2yr/3m

sign oreilly 5yrs/19m

sign hannan 1yr/1m

sign eminger 1yr/.800k

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Shane Doan ($5.500m)

Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / David Booth ($4.250m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Ryan O'Reilly ($3.800m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Sean Bergenheim ($2.750m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)

Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Scott Hannan ($1.000m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Steve Eminger ($0.800m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Dan Ellis ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,240,000; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $960,000

I like your luongo trade alot.

Yes it's a business but any smart business man isn't going to waste his time chasing deals that are beyond pipe dreams. He just had his breakout season, was their top scorer last year, led the league in takeaways, is one of the hardest workers on their team and is only 21 yrs old. He is going to be beating kesler out for the selke when hes older.

Gambling has nothing to do with it. You seriously think colorado is even going to consider not matching it? if your going to gamble offer orielly 7mill a season and hope he reaches that potential because then maybe colorado wont match it.

saying sign ryan orielly to an offersheet is as dumb as saying trade luongo for huberdeau and gudbranson. Its just not happening

Archived