The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Bowness & Brown & Bring in Dave Babich & Marc Crawford as Ass.Coaches!

Pasific Coluseum

Ever since Ryan Walter got the short end of the stick/ the shaft (no pun intended) I've been miffed at the Canucks organization. With all due respect to Newell Brown & Rick Bowness they are not what this organization needs in terms of ass. coaches. It's time to turn over a new leaf and bring in some more qualified and suitable candidates!

2 words: Dave Babich! Why not? He's a well respected former NHL'er who had a very respectable career and 7 seasons with the Canucks to boot. His experience alone would automatically give him a leg up on our current coaches. Babich knows could run our defense and probably develop the dickens out of prospects like Connaughton, Gaunce, Tanev and make them NHL ready like right now.

So lets recap now. Fire Bowness and Brown and bring in Babich & Marc Crawford back into the mix.

The point I'm trying to make is that keeping Bowness and Brown is akin to eating an open bag of week old potato chips... STALE!

Aside from Garrison acquisition this teams needs some big changes if they wish to contend for another Stanley Cup. I'm tired of the mediocrity while teams like the Flyer's are willing to make BOLD moves that shake the foundation of their organization i.e Carter/Richards trade, Offer sheet Webber, Re-unite the Schenn brothers etc..

Who were the mental midgets who gave the OP pluses for this post? Not only is he replacing a coach with one who is already coaching in Europe, but his other choice isn't even a coach. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at that, since he doesn't even know how his name is spelled....

And AV is???

I would rather AV go then a few assistant's.

Anything they do, or decision's they make AV has the chance to overturn and he never does so he should get just as much blame and he also isn't a good playoff coach imo.

Let's just fire AV 1st and see how it goes from there.

I'm not the only one who feels a change could really help our cup chances.

And why would you keep him anyways? You want another president's trophy then watch us fail in the playoffs, unless we macigly get blessed with fairy dust? I don't.

Archived