The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(NHL 13) Top 5 D, F and G ratings revealed!

Xbox

I really don't understand why EA doesn't use the full extent of their ratings. Madden has usually half a dozen guys or more rated 99, a bunch at 98, then 97, ect...

The highest rating here is 95. What's the point? If the guy is the best in the league, shouldn't he be 99 overall?

I'd like to see:

Forwards:

Crosby - 99

Malkin - 98

Stamkos - 97

Ovechkin - 96

Giroux - 96

Sedin - 95

Sedin - 95

Kovalchuk - 95

Tavares - 94

Kopitar - 93

Spezza - 93

Kesler - 88

Burrows - 86

Defence:

Chara - 98

Weber - 98

Letang - 96

Doughty - 95

Karlsson - 94

Pietrangelo - 94

Keith - 93

Suter - 93

Edler - 89

Hamhuis - 88

Bieksa - 86

Garrison - 86

Goalies:

Lundqvist - 98

Quick - 98

Rinne - 96

Price - 95

Luongo - 90

Schneider - 85

I really don't understand why EA doesn't use the full extent of their ratings. Madden has usually half a dozen guys or more rated 99, a bunch at 98, then 97, ect...

The highest rating here is 95. What's the point? If the guy is the best in the league, shouldn't he be 99 overall?

I'd like to see:

Forwards:

Crosby - 99

Malkin - 98

Stamkos - 97

Ovechkin - 96

Giroux - 96

Sedin - 95

Sedin - 95

Kovalchuk - 95

Tavares - 94

Kopitar - 93

Spezza - 93

Kesler - 88

Burrows - 86

Defence:

Chara - 98

Weber - 98

Letang - 96

Doughty - 95

Karlsson - 94

Pietrangelo - 94

Keith - 93

Suter - 93

Edler - 89

Hamhuis - 88

Bieksa - 86

Garrison - 86

Goalies:

Lundqvist - 98

Quick - 98

Rinne - 96

Price - 95

Luongo - 90

Schneider - 85

I'm not a fan of having the best player in the game, and here's why:

His real-life skills have him around a 95. If he was a master at hitting, skating, scoring, defence, and everything else, then give him a 99. The ratings aren't a ranking, they're produced from a formula of their skills. If you make Crosby perfect at everything, you lose a ton of realism.

I wouldn't. Crosby is easily the best player in the league.

Crosby has all the talent and produces more than anybody, Datsyuk has the talent but he's number's don't make him seem as good as people think he is, number's aside he is amazing but I think he is a bit overrated imo.

Like you said that's just my personal opinion though.

I'm not a fan of having the best player in the game, and here's why:

His real-life skills have him around a 95. If he was a master at hitting, skating, scoring, defence, and everything else, then give him a 99. The ratings aren't a ranking, they're produced from a formula of their skills. If you make Crosby perfect at everything, you lose a ton of realism.

Just to show how meaningless the Overall rating is in NHL 12, I punched in the attributes from the Ryan Miller screen capture from NHL 13 into NHL 12. I tried Create a Goalie first and it gave me an 85 OVR rating (for BUT, STD, and HYB). This seemed odd because the 89 OVR Ryan Miller had worse or equal attributes, so I edited Ryan Miller to the NHL 13 attributes and he went up to a 91 (all goalie types again).

I found it pretty peculiar that you could have a 6 OVR spread with the EXACT SAME ATTRIBUTES. I'm guessing this is either the work of hidden attributes or artificial inflation (to make the goalies SEEM better). Trying the attributes out on most NHL goalies yielded the same 91 OVR, but trying it out on some of the AHL and CHL goalies resulted in the 85 OVR. Extremely weird.

There's also a difference with the skaters as well, although the created skaters actually had a higher OVR w/ the same attributes than their NHL counterparts.

Archived