The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal/ Value of] Mason Raymond to Phoenix

I don't mind keeping Raymond, hes only overpaid by about 700 000. hes a good depth player to have, he can play many different roles PK , PP , 2nd - 4th line and hes are best shootout player. if he was getting paid hansen money i wouldn't mind keeping him. Kinda like how Pyatt and Bernier have turned out being. we didn't like them because of there salary know that they are getting paid less they are an asset to there teams because of the depth that they bring. If Gillis can resign raymond to 1.5 million dollar contract next year i wouldn't really mind

• 3 weeks later...

*BUMP*

Just going to offer up another idea that came to mind, Raymond plus 3rd pick for Anisimov (posted in another thread but just to centralize all the ideas I've come up with).

Vancouver has quite the excess of bottom six wingers but not enough centers (Schroeder's only maybe a fit, would rather keep Lapierre on 4th). Raymond has scoring upside but no role in Vancouver (or he shouldn't have one), and Columbus has Dubinsky on the wing when he can play center. Vancouver needs a 3rd line center with size and some skill, and Artem offers that, while Columbus gets a young skilled winger whose career got derailed but who still has scoring upside, plus a pick.

Foligno - Brassard - Umberger

Prospal - Johansen - Atkinson

Raymond - Dubinsky - Dorsett

etc.

( :canucks: roster if this trade happened prior to goalie trade)

Twins - Burr

Booth - Kes - Hansen

Higgins - Anisimov - Kassian (massive 3rd line! Artem can play in the Top-6 if the 2nd line doesn't pass the puck)

Manny - Max - Dale

Thoughts?

*BUMP*

Just going to offer up another idea that came to mind, Raymond plus 3rd pick for Anisimov (posted in another thread but just to centralize all the ideas I've come up with).

Vancouver has quite the excess of bottom six wingers but not enough centers (Schroeder's only maybe a fit, would rather keep Lapierre on 4th). Raymond has scoring upside but no role in Vancouver (or he shouldn't have one), and Columbus has Dubinsky on the wing when he can play center. Vancouver needs a 3rd line center with size and some skill, and Artem offers that, while Columbus gets a young skilled winger whose career got derailed but who still has scoring upside, plus a pick.

etc.

Twins - Burr

Booth - Kes - Hansen

Higgins - Anisimov - Kassian (massive 3rd line! Artem can play in the Top-6 if the 2nd line doesn't pass the puck)

Manny - Max - Dale

Thoughts?

Raymond is worth more than you think to PHX,IMO.He could easily fit on top line and be able to go all the way down to te fourth line with ease.I think if we want to get a player back we would have to go for a centre.PHX does not have any that they would give for MayRay so I would have to find another team.In my opinion Raymomd would be at his best on these teams,

Ducks:The ducks need a 2nd line C and Raymond can slot into there,Or play the wing

too because ANA would love his speed to counter there gritty style.The player that I could see him traded for is a straight up hockey trade for

Matt Smaby.27 year old good defenseman that can slot into Ballards spot.

NYI:With the loss of P-A Parenteau the Isles need to get some more offense.They started to

fill te hole with the acquisition of Brad Boyes.But Raymond would Excel in a top line role there because John Tavares is known to make players better aroun them and a line of Moulson-Tavares-Raymond looks pretty darn good.To get back from the deal we should consider Frans Nielson Because he is a good Two-way winger/center.Would be a good aqcuisition for the nucks.

There are some others but these are the two that I really think would be good for MayRay

Raymond is worth a 4th round pick..

Fehr was traded for a fourth round pick after 20 points in 52 games and 39 points in 69 games the year before. He is 10 days younger than Raymond (one year younger at the time of the trade).

Raymond had 20 points in 55 games last year and 39 points in 70 games the year before.

Fehr was making 2.2 million, Raymond is making 2.275 million. I don't think you can find a better example of "value". Almost identical in age, production, and salary. One is big, the other is a speedster. Both had high expectations and have seemed to hit their peak at the exact same time.

*BUMP*

etc.

Twins - Burr

Booth - Kes - Hansen

Manny - Max - Dale

Thoughts?

Archived