The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why not a fresh start?

miles.p

That's wishful thinking. You know why Edmonton's had difficulties signing UFAs? Because they've stunk. That is, really, the ONLY reason.

Now, though, they appear ready to take the next step, which is why they were so attractive to Justin Schultz. It has nothing to do with the city. This is the NHL, not the NBA. Edmonton's an excellent hockey town with a very, very rich tradition. If/when they turn it around, it'll become a destination spot again.

I think the risk of their young studs "bolting" is very, very miniscule.

Ok, so let's trade some NHL superstars for picks. Then you want players who are NHL ready, that are drafted who can play right away. Then you say you're tired of prospects.

So.... do you realize you're contradicting yourself? You do realize that picking NHL-ready prospects just does not happen often at all. Those are usually top-3 picks. How exactly do you propose we do that? By tanking then? Pull an Edmonton?

So basically your entire premise, is to pull an Edmonton? Tank for the 1st overall pick? That's your brilliant solution?

Even if that was the best course of action, Gillis would never do that because he already has stated his intentions and has and still is doing his best to act upon them. Flip flopping on team structure and mentality shows you have no idea what the hell you're doing.

Mike Gillis is currently working on going in a younger direction, which is why he signed Garrison, got Kassian as opposed to an older player, traded Samuelsson and Sturm for Booth, and is keeping Schneider. But we don't need a full on rebuild for a few years yet.

And the whole "I'm tired of prospects" thing is something you're just gonna have to get used to.

It would be interesting to see what the Twins would be worth to another team. However, it makes more sense to surround the Twins with the help they need. There's no reason to toss away two of the three most recent Art Ross Trophy winners. Even Gretzky didn't win the Cup his first time around.

While I don't agree with trading the twins now, it has to be something to consider in the next few coming seasons if there production starts to slip AND they continue to no show come April. I love the guys, but I don't think they can be the guys that lead a team to a champIonship... That being said, you have to consider making a bold move while they are still holding some sort of value via a trade.

The twins just now would win multiple SCs with the likes of Boston, Philly, Chicago, NYR, Detroit, Caps and yes .......the Jets. Because every GM in these teams would protect them and make space around them.

We have lost our way on building a team to best utilise the Sedins. It should have happened after 2010 and it still has not happened yet. The signs of decline, despite our PT, were imo evident last season as other teams got bigger and stronger.

It is also my opinion that this is NOT a one man (Doan) fix. We always needed more aggression on the 1st and 2nd lines and a big dominating 1/2 line D. I wait to be proved wrong in my opinion that Garrison is not the answer. He might have been part of the answer but the fearsome/domination factor isn't there.

The twins just now would win multiple SCs with the likes of Boston, Philly, Chicago, NYR, Detroit, Caps and yes .......the Jets. Because every GM in these teams would protect them and make space around them.

We have lost our way on building a team to best utilise the Sedins. It should have happened after 2010 and it still has not happened yet. The signs of decline, despite our PT, were imo evident last season as other teams got bigger and stronger.

It is also my opinion that this is NOT a one man (Doan) fix. We always needed more aggression on the 1st and 2nd lines and a big dominating 1/2 line D. I wait to be proved wrong in my opinion that Garrison is not the answer. He might have been part of the answer but the fearsome/domination factor isn't there.

should pit trade crosby and malkin

should bos trade chara and bergeron

should detroit trade datsyuk and zetterberg

should chicago trade toews and sharp

last year was a freak year for the playoffs, alot of good teams went out in the first round. it doesnt mean they should blow up and start over

Archived