The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will fight Keith on Nov 15th?

Schneider.Man604

1. What does the fact the Sedin is Swedish have to do with anything?

2. I'm not defending Keith's actions, he was wrong for what he did.

3. Keith isn't paid to fight so I have no problem if he doesn't. Keith is paid to lead our defense and help bring us championships, which he did. Keith has a Stanley Cup, Norris Trophy and Olympic Gold Medal....so I'm not too worried about him.

4. If you think Keith should "answer the call" then so should Daniel, he started everything with his elbow to Keith (yes, it wasn't as bad as Keith's).

5. You mention Keith's cheapshots, as in more than one. What other cheapshots are you referring to? I'm sure the only ones you care about are ones against Canuck's players.

6. Canucks fans shouldn't throw too many stones about havings cheap players, Burrows (for example) is very cheap, he is effective but he's cheap (finger biting, groin kneeing, hair pulling).

I'm a Blackhawks fan but I like the Canucks too, I don't have anything against them. If you're going to attack the Blackhawks (or an individual player) then fair enough, but make your argument half-decent and don't let your emotions get the best of you (I'm not trying to take a jab at your personally).

The Blackhawks and Canucks are two great organizations and each group of fans are lucky to follow teams that are dedicated to winning.

Im not holding my hopes up much that anyone will attempt anything more than the usual facewash "toughness" we have shown in the past.. quite frankly if it comes down to Weise he'll probably get his ass kicked in embarrassing fashion. I can see Kassian wanting to do sth but with this teams mentality i expect he get's told not to.

Right so if Keith doesn't fight whomever on the Canucks wants a piece of him then we can go the "Bertuzzi route" eh? Because IIRC Moore fought in his last game ever (his first ever pro hockey fight no less) and it wasn't enough for the likes of the "true Canuck fans" who wanted him to line up and fight however many Canucks wanted a go at him. This is NOT how the "code" works. I am of the firm opinion that it would be far more satisfying to beat the Hawks 6-0 and make sure Keith is a -6 with about 10 hard bodychecks laid on him. You sure have an interesting definition of "honour".

I agree, if the Canucks want real revenge it should come on the scoreboard, not the penalty box. I have no problem with Carcillo and Kassian (or whomever) fighting, but it really doesn't change anything. Would Canucks fans feel better if Kassian pummled Carcillo but lost the game 5-2?

I'd like to see the whole team take him out.

Keith will not finish that game. He either gets into too many fights and gets kicked out, or we injure the shi*t out of him. Say what you want about being a "classy" team, it ended up in us losing to Boston. This is a huge opportunity for the Canucks to show the NHL that we aren't going to stand for this kind of stuff anymore and take out Keith.

When Sedin hit Keith the puck wasn't around them. Besides that, no player should have to worry about protecting themselves from elbows to the head. Elbows to the head are unacceptable and that includes both Keith's hit on Sedin and Sedin's hit on Keith. I know you're a bit biased towards your home team, but how can you justify Daniel's elbow to Keith? Heads shutouts have no place in the game and both players were wrong for what they did.

So you're basically requesting another Steve Moore incident. Another brilliant post. I guess you and other 'hockey fans' in this thread advocating such things were cheering the TV when Steve Moore got his so called comeuppance? I personally found that game to be one of the least enjoyable, dirty Canucks hockey games I've ever seen and I find it disgusting people are requesting something similar again on here.

Stick up for your teammate if he gets cheap shotted at the time, and hit Keith into oblivion within the rules. You don't plan to injure other players for months then cheap shot them if they don't want to fight later on. That's just as cowardly as Keith's hit.

Even more appalling are the people suggesting we go out and injure Kane, Toews, or some other player in retaliation if Keith doesn't want to have a fist fight. So we're going to start going out and injuring innocent people who had nothing to do with Daniel's injury just so Keith takes some flack in his dressing room and regrets his actions? Not only is that stupid reasoning, it'd probably result in them retaliating and we could fall short of the Cup again due to injuries. The Canucks aren't known to be a very tough team and you people are suggesting we start a retaliatory process that puts our key players at risk if we go to injure other teams' key players? Bravo for thinkin' up that plan.

It's a bit late for that, no? As with the Marchand/Salo incident, the Canucks had a chance to exact their pound of flesh at the time of the incident AND later in the same game that it happened, remember? Why are we talking about it now? We all know what kind of team this is. Ain't gonna happen, folks, sorry.

And, especially if caveman Carcillo is back in the lineup. You think he's going to let any Canucks put hands on Duncan Keith?

Its unfortunate that Daniel got hurt and Keith was wrong, but he served his suspension and it's time to move on. If the Canucks target Keith then the Hawks will go after another Canucks. If the Canucks want revenge beat them on the score board and be as physical as possible without drawing a penalty.

Kassian:

Not too sure if he will even be in the Canucks top 6 line up for this season, depends on his play. We didn't get to see a single Kassian fight last season, I hope he steps up this year and rolls on Keith. I thought that is why we got him, for his toughness. Although at 21 years old we still don't know if he is capeable of taking on the likes of Keith. I think he can do it, and I hope he does.

Archived