The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Atheism On The Rise In America

Sharpshooter

Scientist can't prove a God did or did not create us,

A unexplained evolutionary gap between man and neanderthal is what has me wondering.

A giant leap in brain capacity is what cannot be explained, it almost rules out Darwin's theory IMO

The most compelling story of the bible that I believe discribes this leap of mankind is the story of Adam and Eve.

All is good, then Eve eats the fruit from the tree of knowledge.. humanity changes forever, or does it begin? Was that apple the knowledge or gene that set us apart from beast? Know that we have the ability to think and feel we can make mistakes (sin). We are curious and question life.

For the record I believe we are a creation, how and who is a mystery to me!

The bible has a basis of truth, the stories told didn't make it this far by mistake.

I just question the way this book was used over history. The church used it for power and money, not the sake of humanity.

I believe in God

I just don't believe religion represents God, and people are starting to see this.

Scientist can't prove a God did or did not create us,

A unexplained evolutionary gap between man and neanderthal is what has me wondering.

A giant leap in brain capacity is what cannot be explained, it almost rules out Darwin's theory IMO

The most compelling story of the bible that I believe discribes this leap of mankind is the story of Adam and Eve.

All is good, then Eve eats the fruit from the tree of knowledge.. humanity changes forever, or does it begin? Was that apple the knowledge or gene that set us apart from beast? Know that we have the ability to think and feel we can make mistakes (sin). We are curious and question life.

For the record I believe we are a creation, how and who is a mystery to me!

The bible has a basis of truth, the stories told didn't make it this far by mistake.

I just question the way this book was used over history. The church used it for power and money, not the sake of humanity.

I believe in God

I just don't believe religion represents God, and people are starting to see this.

There is no unexplained gap between humans and Neanderthals because we didn't evolve from Neanderthals. They are a sibling species (or subspecies) that was around the Earth at the same time as Homo sapiens. We even bred with them. At the time that we coexisted, they were arguably even more intelligent than us. There isn't much of a gap in intelligence, relatively speaking, between Neandethals and modern man.

You can't take that literally, I didn't want to write a book.

That is good that you brought that up, humans and Neanderthal had to co-exist for the Adam and Eve theory to make sense. What did we have that set us apart from them?

And was it given to us?

We are created in his likeness,!

WTF? Was that in that tree and why where we forbidden to eat from it?

You eat an apple so now you feel an urge to put cloths on?

I believe it's more than the words on the page, think about how long that story made it through time.

Now I'm creeping myself out

You can't take that literally, I didn't want to write a book.

That is good that you brought that up, humans and Neanderthal had to co-exist for the Adam and Eve theory to make sense. What did we have that set us apart from them?

And was it given to us?

We are created in his likeness!

WTF? Was that in that tree and why where we forbidden to eat from it?

You eat an apple so now you feel an urge to put cloths on?

That tree and apple always ment to be eaten, otherwise God would have sprayed round up on that tree.

I believe it's more than the words on the page, think about how long that story made it through time.

Now I'm creeping myself out

From my experience, the standard Islamic apologetics answer is "Allah(SWT) doesn't need anything from us. We need to worship Him because it's the best thing for us. He, in all his infinite wisdom, knows this, and commands us to do so for our own good"

Set us apart from them? Well, they were shorter and stockier than us. There would have been genetic differences too, though not enough to prevent interbreeding. What do you mean by "was it given to us?"?

How do Neanderthals and humans coexisting make the Adam and Eve story make sense? That story only makes sense as an allegory. Scientifically, it's refuted unless Adam and Eve were the original living cells. We can trace our lineage quite well all the way back billions of years through the fossil record.

On the topic of Christian values..........These values are widely accepted by every religion, and even with most non religious people. I don't need a god to understand that, killing is bad, stealing is bad, scr***ng my nieghbours wife is bad and goes against the grain of what society considers to be acceptable. I can do this for myself and hold myself accountable.

The need to be subserviant to a deity actually only satisfies ones own lack of faith in themselves. for some reason, people cant get through life being good to one another without having a deity looking over their shoulder making sure they are behaving properly. Imagine if, everybody lived under these values without god. And I'm not talking just the Christian god.....every god.

Constantine created the bible at the council of Nicaea as a controll mechanism, he needed to squelch the fighting between the Christians and the pagans. The fear of going to hell kept people at bay, and ever since, this fear has been used to garner more power for the church and has also been used to extract money from god fearing people's pockets.

On the topic of programing your kids at an early age. this I believe, is where radicalism is born. You take a very young child and expose them to religious dogma maybe two times a week for their entire childhoood. Their brain is wired to become very passionate about god. The height of this passion is where radicalism comes from. Sure many people can be very passionate about god and not be radical, but every radical starts out as someone who is hyper-passionate.

Now, I will say the church does do allot of good things, like help people in need with food and shelter. But even basic things like this can be done with out the need of a god.

I regretfully announce that I am finished posting here on CDC. I find it to be fruitless continuing a circular argument with creationists who are ignorant of science and otherwise really have no idea what they're talking about aside from biblical matters. I have much bigger fish to fry than the dajustas and Dryhumps and zaibatsus in this world, so I will leave you all with this post.

I don't need no blind belief

I don't need no comic relief

I don't need to see the scars

Don't need Jesus Christ Superstar

Don't need Sunday Television

Bet your life you don't need religion

Don't need no time for prayer

Don't save no knee-pads for me up there

If your head's alright, ya don't need binoculars to see the light

Ya don't need no miracle vision

Bet your life you don't need religion

I don't need no Santa Claus

And I don't believe in fairies no more

I don't need to go to confession

I'm already trying to fight depression

I don't need no exorcism

Bet your life I don't need religion

There's probably no god, so stop worrying and enjoy your life.

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus!

Go Canucks Go

Hasta la vista, baby.

To all my friends here...thanks for being friends.

For all my detractors:

When my time on earth is gone

And my activities here are passed

I want them to bury me upside down

So my critics can kiss my ass

Live Long And Prosper

Farewell.

Archived