The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Expectiations for Kassian?

WHFproductions

Ever since the trade people have just hated Zack Kassian because of what we traded for him..

We basically traded a guy who can put the puck in the net, who couldn't play D well, who wasn't very good on faceoffs for a guy who can add lots of toughness to our team, and is very good defensivly and also judging from his play in junior he is great on the offense as well. It might take him a little longer to devolope because he does have a bigger role then Hodgson ever did, but I honestly think that this man can be one a great player for our team in the near future. He can fight, score, pass, and play D.

My expectations for him in the next seaon are: I hope the canucks put him on the 3rd line to start with( if he even makes the roster, a season in the AHL wouldnt be bad either) and have him play with Lappiere and jannik hansen. Players who play a very similar style to him. I think that would be a great line . toughness,speed,scoring, great forcheckers.

If he does play on that line I would expect around 7-10 goals, around 15-20 assists and a few fights.

I think when this kid is fully devopled he will be great asset to our team .

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - KASSIAN

Klatt, Carter and Burrows all profited immensely from playing with the Sedins, though none were adequate in standing up for them.

The Sedins cannot be pushed around like that their whole career. It mist stop

Promptly. They are finess players who can stand up on their ownstandard not tought to stand up for themselves or the team; you're not going to see Daniel defend any player a majorly rough altercation.

Putting Kassian on their line can create a lot of noise around the league and can easily make all of us forget fast, a kid who didn't want to play on the West Coast.

No more would the opponent even think of coming close to the Sedins and harass them. Kind of like Bertuzzi was to Naslund and Morrison. It is needed. As much as Burrows can score on what the Sedins dish out, so ought Kassian.

Gillis has put a lot of faith in Kassian. Let's see why this kid's got.

On a side note: is it not ironic how Hodgson's back was "misdiagnosed" and Raymond's broken back was "fixed"? lol

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - KASSIAN

Klatt, Carter and Burrows all profited immensely from playing with the Sedins, though none were adequate in standing up for them.

The Sedins cannot be pushed around like that their whole career. It mist stop

Promptly. They are finess players who can stand up on their ownstandard not tought to stand up for themselves or the team; you're not going to see Daniel defend any player a majorly rough altercation.

Putting Kassian on their line can create a lot of noise around the league and can easily make all of us forget fast, a kid who didn't want to play on the West Coast.

No more would the opponent even think of coming close to the Sedins and harass them. Kind of like Bertuzzi was to Naslund and Morrison. It is needed. As much as Burrows can score on what the Sedins dish out, so ought Kassian.

Gillis has put a lot of faith in Kassian. Let's see why this kid's got.

On a side note: is it not ironic how Hodgson's back was "misdiagnosed" and Raymond's broken back was "fixed"? lol

10 goals, 20 points would be perfect for a 3rd/4th liner.

He could always break out and score 20, lots of other young guys in his position have in the past so why not? He's pretty low on our winger depth chart though, so it would take a few injuries up front for Kassian to get top-6 minutes:

Daniel > Burrows > Booth > Higgins > Hansen > Raymond > Kassian

I think 15G 15A should be attainable for him. That said I won't be judging him solely on his offensive stats. More-so it will be his defensive and physical play that I will judge more than anything.

But really it depends on how he's used. Does he get PP time? Top 6 minutes? Cody minutes? Manny minutes? That will all factor into it.

I'm not expecting a lights out superstar like some did when he arrived. My expectation is that he will settle in and find his groove here and, hopefully, contribute. I imagine he'll be more of a presence as the dust settles and he does adjust to find his role. He seemed a little tentative/unsure and I'm sure that will all be worked out as familiarity comes into play.

Archived