The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Expectiations for Kassian?

WHFproductions

It really depends.

Which line does he play on? Does he make the team, or start in the AHL?

If he does make the third line, probably 12-15 goals, 30-35pts, while getting comfortable being a consistent physical presence.

I'm stoked about this acquisition. You could see what he brings, but conditioning was certainly an issue.

I wouldn't mind a 4th line of Weise-Lapps-Kassian, that's a pretty good looking 4th, all willing to drop em, young and offensively capable. Just need to give them a few more minutes per game, especially after gaining leads or in a bang and crasher. A few turns in the top 9 would be cool too.

Correct no hockey lockout: american greed, Fans should go into entertainment talks (labour talks) to lower prices I am not just talking about the rich fans but the fans at the lower income levels so it makes it fair across the the board.

Was going to make a new thread but saw this one instead, and it'll do the trick.

News 1130 Sports just tweeted a few updates after speaking with Kassian:

- #Canucks forward Zack Kassian just told CKWX that he needs a good training camp to make the team.

- In his 17 games last year with #Canucks, Kassian realized how good the Canucks are and how hard the players work at the NHL level.

- Kassian says if he can make the #Canucks roster it would be a dream come true. Says he wants to make a name for himslef this season.

- Canucks gotta love the fact Kassian working hard and not taking spot on roster for granted.

- Kassian says #Canucks told him to work hard this summer, put lots of hours in the gym and on the ice he says he has done that in Windsor.

I'd love to see him on the 1st line with the twins. If not I would like to see the following lineup barring any trades:

Sedin Sedin Booth - scoring

Hansen Kesler Burrows - checking/energy

Higgins Schroeder Kassian - scoring

Raymond Malhotra Lapierre -checking

Two checking lines and two scoring lines. I think Higgins would be great alongside the youngsters.

Our fourth line is relied on a lot defensively w/Malhotra, so having Kassian there isn't a very good idea. I also wouldn't mind this lineup:

Sedin Sedin Burrows - scoring

Booth Kesler Higgins - scoring

Hansen Malhotra Raymond - checking

Kassian Lapierre Pinnizotto/Weise - energy

Any way you slice it we can't have Malhotra and Kassian on the same line.

If he is given a top 6 role with some PP time, then 20 goals, 20 assists, 80+ hits and 5+ fights. If he is given a 4th line energy role w/ some offensive opps then 10 goals, 10 assists, 100+ hits and 8+ fights.

Personally I'd like to see more toughness out of him...besides one glancing taste of his fight vs Brad Staubitz, we haven't really seen his fully tenacity and brutefullness.

To be a consistent player on the roster, hes got to display more physicallity and toughness, thats what he was brought in for...well lets see more of it than.

I highly doubt Raymond will be a part of this team next year, MG didn't want to lose him for nothing so i'm sure he was simply re-signed to be traded. As for kassian, he's still young and will continue to develop but it will take a lot of work as he already knows.

I still think MG did a good thing in trading CoHo, i doubt he wanted any part of the media circus we have in vancouver or the pressure to become a superstar instantly. I'm sure he wanted to be closer to his family as well, nevermind all the crap that happened around his injury. There was a lot in it all but it's over now so i certainly hope Kass fits in with the team.

Archived