The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: A New Beginning [Game One]

Intoewsables

Welcome to Mafia, a game plagued by deceit and dishonesty in an attempt to be the last man standing. Place your trust into another player's hands with caution, as they may not be as innocent as they claim to be. To ensure that everyone gets the most out of the game, it is strongly encouraged that you carefully read through the following post in its entirety.

The townspeople of the quaint little town known as CDC gather to discuss the recent outbreak of crime destroying their community. With no leads as to who is causing such madness and far too many deaths taking place with every new day, the townspeople reach an agreement. Their solution is far from practical, though desperate times call for desperate measures. Every nightfall, one townsperson will be lynched in the hope that the dastardly Mafia will slowly be eliminated from the town. It's a risky proposition, though the townspeople are left with no other choice.

aN4HA.jpg

peu12.jpg

4D8Nc.jpg

The Cast:

1. King of Winter

2. No5Butcher

3. OurTimeToShine

4. Krazz

5. Alex Galchenyuk

6. Mufasa

7. Sharpshooter

8. mau5trap

9. VICanucksfan5551

10. oh captain my captain

11. SOB for MVP

12. shiznak

13. Snake Doctor

14. Toasta Brigger

15. Ti'gol Bitties

16. Patrick Kane

Out of these 16 players there are...

• 8 Townsperson(s)

• 4 Mafioso

• 1 Serial Killer

• 1 Doctor

• 1 Sheriff

• 1 Vigilante

Frequently Asked Questions

I just missed the registration thread. Can I join now?

Once the game has started, new additions cannot be made as it will throw off the balance between townspeople and specials. Come back at the conclusion of the current game to sign up for the next one.

How do I vote?

It's as easy as posting in this thread. Simply post with the words "vote [playername]" and your vote will be tallied towards the final count at Nightfall. If you would like to change your vote, post "unvote [originalplayername]; vote [newplayername]". If you want to stay active without voting for anyone, simply post "abstain". Player names must be posted properly to avoid confusion (no nicknames or wishy-washy votes).

Is there anything I can do to ensure that I'll be given a special role? I'm always a townsperson!

No. Roles are handed out at random and are determined through Excel.

I said something that may compromise my position in the game. Can I edit my post?

Absolutely not. Editing posts to remove evidence is against the rules, and could be ban-worthy if serious enough. If you have something to add to a post, or need to correct something you've said, simply post again.

You forgot to cover something in your original post and I'm incredibly confused! Help?

Feel free to PM me if there's something you need clarification on. As long as it's nothing that could affect the position of other players, I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Special thanks to

/user/43664-krazz/">Krazz for allowing this all to happen.

Let's make this a week to remember. Good luck everyone.

PMs have been sent. If you did not receive a PM, you are a townsperson.

Important changes from previous games:

Due to time constraints, Nightfall will be held at 11:00 PM PST as opposed to the usual 12:00. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The Doctor is allowed to save each player ONCE as opposed to the usual two saves.

First Nightfall: Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 (Tonight!) @ 11:00 PM PST

Feel free to ask me any questions via PM if you need help with anything.

Probably best if I extend it until tomorrow night.

First Nightfall will be tomorrow at 11:00 PM PST. Specials must get their actions in before this time or they will miss their opportunity for this round.

Second Nightfall will be Friday at 11:00 PM PST. The first lynching will take place on this night.

Archived