The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks working on new deal for Burrows

2.0 (already signed for next year)

5.0 (3 mill bonus)

5.0 (1 mill bonus)

3.5 ( 500k bonus)

6 year extension @ $2.916 cap hit.

Essentially a 4 year $15.5 mill contract with 2 years added on @1.0 mill per year to lower the cap hit.

This would bring him to 37 36 years of age before the last 2 years kick in at $1 mill per year. At this time he would retire and the last 2 years would not count against the cap.

Edit: Burrows would be 36 years old going into the final 2 years not 37, also changed structure to show bonuses for 3 years.

2.0 (already signed for next year)

6 year extension @ $2.916 cap hit.

Essentially a 4 year $15.5 mill contract with 2 years added on @1.0 mill per year to lower the cap hit.

This would bring him to 37 years of age before the last 2 years kick in at $1 mill per year. At this time he would retire and the last 2 years would not count against the cap.

I'd give him $4M for 4 years or $3.5-3.75M if he wanted to lock in longer for, say, 5-6 years (his choice). Guy's durable enough so far that I'd chance it if he was willing to take a bit of a pay cut again - at any rate, he's been one of my favorites on the team since forever and I hope he stays put.

I'd be happy with something like that. Maybe drop that 2nd year to around 4 or 4.5 million, because I don't see Burrows notching too many more 30-goal seasons. His prime was a couple of seasons ago and he'll be hard pressed to score well over 60 points again, especially with the Sedins declining now too.

5 - 4 - 3.5 - 3 - 1 - 1 would be neat.

Bobby Ryan had 7 more points than Burrows last year playing with Getzlaf and Perry. He's not a heart and soul guy either. Younger doesn't always mean better. We know Burrows has chemistry with the twins AND great chemistry with Kesler as well. He gets almost all of his goals 5 on 5, so his stats would be better if he actually got power play time. Ryan has more pure talent, but he's inconsistent and there is no guarantee he would score more than 55 points in a Canucks uniform either.

Burrows never took a pay cut. Last time he signed, he was an undrafted career 3rd liners with heart. Instead of signing at his market value for 1-2 years, he went for security and signed for 4 years. Then, he started playing like a 1st/2nd liners. But at the time, his true value was 2M$ no more.

He's not underrated. The fact of the matter is that without the Sedins, Burrows would be a serviceable 3rd liner at best. Anson Carter is proof of this and look where his career ended... DOWN THE DRAIN!

Burrows biggest attribute is his work ethic. Add the fact he hit the jackpot by being a non drafted hockey player that has remarkable "chemistry" with the Sedins.

Since Anson Carter left, no one has been found, or figured out how to play with the Sedin's. Burrows hockey IQ is alot better than some people on cdc, give him credit for. If he doesn't have hockey smarts, work ethic wouldn't be enough to keep him on that first line. Just think if he had power play time!

ANYONE WHO THINKS BURROWS WILL BE AS GOOD IF HE SIGNED WITH A DIFFERENT TEAM IS ON DRUGS

3/4 yr @ 2.75-3.5m trust me, Canucks hold all the cards and leverage here

Archived