The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks working on new deal for Burrows

He's not underrated. The fact of the matter is that without the Sedins, Burrows would be a serviceable 3rd liner at best. Anson Carter is proof of this and look where his career ended... DOWN THE DRAIN!

Burrows biggest attribute is his work ethic. Add the fact he hit the jackpot by being a non drafted hockey player that has remarkable "chemistry" with the Sedins.

ANYONE WHO THINKS BURROWS WILL BE AS GOOD IF HE SIGNED WITH A DIFFERENT TEAM IS ON DRUGS

3/4 yr @ 2.75-3.5m trust me, Canucks hold all the cards and leverage here

Burrows is far better than a "servicable 3rd liner at best". Either you are a troll, or are completely out of touch with his abilities.

I totally agree his stats have been padded thanks to the Sedins, and I disagree with the user who stated he would be likely to fetch 5+ million "easily" elsewhere. I think his natural spot given his talent level is beside Kesler on the 2nd line, and I think his pay level should be somewhere around 3.5-3.8m / year. However, due to players being paid ridiculously high contracts to go to other teams, I could see a team offering him upwards of 4.5m range which would then in turn potentially drive up his price for this extension, depending if 1) MG really really wants to keep him, and 2) If Burrows is not willing to provide a hometown discount.

2.0 (already signed for next year)

6 year extension @ $2.916 cap hit.

Essentially a 4 year $15.5 mill contract with 2 years added on @1.0 mill per year to lower the cap hit.

This would bring him to 37 years of age before the last 2 years kick in at $1 mill per year. At this time he would retire and the last 2 years would not count against the cap.

A 25 year old Ryan is a hell of a lot more appealing than an elderly Burrows. He maybe has 3 good years left in him at the very most, and the way its looking, we'll sign him for 5+ years. Gillis is trying to get younger and bigger. Ryan fits the bill. Ryan is often playing on the 2nd line, and on Anaheim that is a huge drop in talent. Nothing against Burrows, but without the Sedins he's a 3rd liner. Bobby Ryan is a star and the top 6 forward we crave.

He's not underrated. The fact of the matter is that without the Sedins, Burrows would be a serviceable 3rd liner at best. Anson Carter is proof of this and look where his career ended... DOWN THE DRAIN!

Burrows biggest attribute is his work ethic. Add the fact he hit the jackpot by being a non drafted hockey player that has remarkable "chemistry" with the Sedins.

ANYONE WHO THINKS BURROWS WILL BE AS GOOD IF HE SIGNED WITH A DIFFERENT TEAM IS ON DRUGS

3/4 yr @ 2.75-3.5m trust me, Canucks hold all the cards and leverage here

I would just like to prove that I too can do what Hockeyy Insiderr does.

Burrows and the Canucks are working on a new deal

It will be between 1-6 years in length.

It will be between 2-5 million dollars per year.

Just remember that I, Linden Legend, broke this story!!!! Don't you dare try to take credit away from me when he signs this deal!!! I am breaking this story right now!!!! I am a legit source damn it!!!

Was that at the end of Nazzy's reign here?

Saskatchewan's biggest Canucks fan?

I guess, now that I live in (ugg) Calgary. :lol:B)

I did a search on the internet. /topic/276426-sedin-linemates-over-the-years/">http://forum.canucks...over-the-years/

In the OP from the link above from 2010:

2000-01 = Trent Klatt, Todd Bertuzzi

2001-02 = Trent Klatt

2002-03 = Trent Klatt, Trevor Linden

2003-04 = Jason King, Magnus Arvedsson

2005-06 = Anson Carter

2006-07 = Taylor Pyatt

2007-08 = Taylor Pyatt, Markus Naslund

2008-09 = Alex Burrows, Pavol Demitra, Steve Bernier

2009-10 = Alex Burrows, Mikael Samuelsson.

Ha ha, at least my opinions don't radically change, I comment pretty much the same thing as I have now, it does reconfirm the revolving door and lack of a gifted player to play with these guys.

Did you not watch the world hockey championship tournament?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Burrows had 3 goals in 5 games played and was a +5 in those games.

I'm pretty sure the Sedins were not playing for team Canada.

He has been like this through out his career, wether it was in the QMJHL, ECHL, the AHL or here in

the NHL, his heart, hustle, and ambition is what got him here. I hope Burrows retires a Canuck.

You girls is being hilarious.

Also, in that tournament,

Thoresen 19 points

Skroder 12 points

Popov 12 points

Ask 10 points

Holos 9 points

Gogulla 9 points

Radivojevic 8 points

Brunner 7 points

Burrows 3 points - so you've proved that Burrows is almost as good as these 8 players that don't play in the NHL ... good job. In other news I scored 19 goals in a fundraiser shinny tournament 7 years ago. Maybe I should get a shot with the Sedins because the guys I played with weren't near as good as them? Imagine what I could do with someone that could actually pass? <_<

Archived