The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks working on new deal for Burrows

the thing i love about burrows is he knows what it means to take a pay cut to have a team stay competitive he knows he doesn't need to get paid 5 million a year even though he easily could because he is doing something he loves its a shame there aren't more players like him because then players would be signing with teams they want to be with not which one gives them the biggest pay check

/end rant

I'd sign him for 3 years. The Sedins have 2 years left and heaven forbid they want to leave or return to Sweden that would give the Canucks management 1 season to evaluate Burrows without them.

Based on production alone, his value is upwards of $5M. But I think they could get a deal done in the $4M range. Fair for both sides.

Why would be so stupid as to not consider ways to improve the club via trade? Tunnel vision ain't for hockey my friend. You gotta give something to get something in sports and in business in general. With Burrows and + we could probably land an even better top 6, one that would make us forget quickly about Burrows.

28,25,26,38 goals since 2008 respectively. 50+ point player.

This guy is a 30 goal scorer with the Sedins, 20+ without. He's probably our best defensive player, easily the most clutch player our team has, and the hardest worker.

Up to 4.5mil would be fine.

Thats a pretty acurate guess IMO.

Considering he's already signed for next season, that offers us 4 more years in total. A good length for a guy who will then be 35. 4 extra years, even if for a bit less is not a great idea...

It also pays him $4.5 which is similar other players with his numbers. And for those who argue the Sedin's boost these, he makes whatever line he plays on better. One of the single best role players in the league, and also capable of pulling front line duty; Burrows is a valuable player!

3 years, $13.5M

Why would be so stupid as to not consider ways to improve the club via trade? Tunnel vision ain't for hockey my friend. You gotta give something to get something in sports and in business in general. With Burrows and + we could probably land an even better top 6, one that would make us forget quickly about Burrows.

Reality says the also lockout mucks up that chance, unless parties are stupid.

If Burrows takes say $8 mill this year as part of a 7 year $25.5 deal he risks getting nothing for his front load which makes no sense for him.

Unless the Canucks package a pile of that as a signing bonus, which makes no sense for them if there is a lockout.

Plus these types of deals are generally structured to woo a guy to come or stay, Burrows also wants to be here.

If Burr signs now, it may be to take advantage of current CBA rules.

Retirement contract with a low cap hit? Why not? We'll see.

this guy has been the most consistent Canuck player we've had in the last 4 years. He's clutch and hes been a 35+ goal scorer. he was injured last year and missed some time but with a full training camp and summer training he'll be ready and might be able to pot 40 this year. he'll get david booth money at most but I'd still take that considering the cap is going up every year.

Archived