The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks working on new deal for Burrows

Key word "was" a third liner. He now plays like a 2nd liner/fringe 1st liner, and great chemistry with the Sedins.

If Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, Booth, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Garrison, Ballard, Schneider, and Luongo can all be paid 4+ million, Burrows getting that much shouldn't even be an argument.

imo one of the greatest all time canucks already. not skillwise, but one of the greatest men to put on a canucks jersey.

-takes way more abuse than anyone from top defenders due to fishing the puck out for the twins for all these years now

-comes through in the most clutch moments, and not just a sedin banking the puck off him but taking the game in his own hands

-took the biggest discount to help the team sign better players

-always the last player off the ice high fiving every guy before he heads down the tunnel

-is the absolute definition of hard work. not only was even making the ahl an extremely long shot, but he found a way to compliment 2 of the best players in the world and stick on the top line of a top contender in the nhl

-is also one of the best penalty killers in the league

i understand the argument that he really should be a second third liner, but he's done so much for this team that he deserves his paycheque this time around. if they let him walk for anything under 4.5 ill be pissed. i dont think he would make them pay that much but if it really comes down to him staying or leaving, id give it to him. your not going to find a free agent for that much that will bring as much as he brings

I'm more worried about an Edler deal than Burrows. Burr deserves anywhere in between 4-5 mill and will get it. Edler is going to demand at least 5-5.5 which wont look nice on our cap situation. We could be getting in trouble here...

Archived