The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Luongo to Toronto for Colborne and pick. Waiting for CBA Resolution

CanuckRow

Vancouver gets hosed unless the pick is a 1st to go alongside Colborne. The one positive thing about the trade is the fact Toronto is not sending a dump back.

1st & Colborne is something I would consider.

Obviously not going to happen though. I've said it a million times but Luongo will end up in Florida GUARANTEED!

Just wanted to point something out>

Nick Bjugstad

2010--2011 University of Minnesota 29gp, 8 goals, 12 assists, 20 points

2011-2012 University of Minnesota 40gp, 25 goals, 17 assits, 42 points

Joe Colborne

2008-2009 University of Denver 40gp, 10goals, 21 assists, 31 points

2009-2010 University of Denver 39gp, 22 goals, 19 assists, 41 points

Im not saying one player is better than the other, but frankly it is quite annoying (or funny depending on how you look at it) when I hear things like "Nick Bjugstad is the second coming of Wayne Gretzky, but Joe Colborne is COMPLETE BUST"

If we did acquire Bjugstad, lets suppose he played in the Ahl next. If he scored 16-20 goals ( the same as Colborne) is he suddenly a bust too? Is he expected to score 40 or we got ripped in the trade?

All I'm saying is that people's opinions are very scewed on this board. We could be offered some 120 point player from the Q who is the equivalent to Brandon Reid, and people would probably go for it.Just like how Mason Raymond was untouchable two years ago and primed to score 30 the next season.

I just don't get why people would be dissapointed with Colborne, especially if he came with a 1st or 2nd. Its alot better than some of the "I don't care what it takes just get Bjugstad, throw OUR 1st in with Luongo just to seal the deal" posts that I've seen.

Just wanted to point something out>

Nick Bjugstad

2010--2011 University of Minnesota 29gp, 8 goals, 12 assists, 20 points

2011-2012 University of Minnesota 40gp, 25 goals, 17 assits, 42 points

Joe Colborne

2008-2009 University of Denver 40gp, 10goals, 21 assists, 31 points

2009-2010 University of Denver 39gp, 22 goals, 19 assists, 41 points

Im not saying one player is better than the other, but frankly it is quite annoying (or funny depending on how you look at it) when I hear things like "Nick Bjugstad is the second coming of Wayne Gretzky, but Joe Colborne is COMPLETE BUST"

If we did acquire Bjugstad, lets suppose he played in the Ahl next. If he scored 16-20 goals ( the same as Colborne) is he suddenly a bust too? Is he expected to score 40 or we got ripped in the trade?

All I'm saying is that people's opinions are very scewed on this board. We could be offered some 120 point player from the Q who is the equivalent to Brandon Reid, and people would probably go for it.Just like how Mason Raymond was untouchable two years ago and primed to score 30 the next season.

I just don't get why people would be dissapointed with Colborne, especially if he came with a 1st or 2nd. Its alot better than some of the "I don't care what it takes just get Bjugstad, throw OUR 1st in with Luongo just to seal the deal" posts that I've seen.

Archived