Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumour] Luongo to Toronto for Colborne and pick. Waiting for CBA Resolution

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#61 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

Suitable, how?

We're giving away our consistent, reliable goaltender, for a guy who'd be a member of the Chicago Wolves.

A starting goalie who makes 5.33M replaced by a young and unproven goaltender..... Yup, sounds reliable.
Posted Image

#62 dariusop2012

dariusop2012

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

Part of me wants this rumour to be true. That way when I move to Toronto in September, I don't have to watch such a crappy leafs team.

#63 Honeydews

Honeydews

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

Dont want to see Luongo go :( If this happens Luongo will carry the team to the playoffs. Then one day we will all regret trading Luu

Edited by CheckYourUnderstanding, 15 August 2012 - 11:26 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to pwnstar for this amazing kesler sig :)

#64 dariusop2012

dariusop2012

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

The defence of said team could be the worst though.

Luongo will probably use his NTC if the said team has a worst defence than ours (agressive defence).

#65 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

No thanks, the return isn't high enough for Lu.

MG really needs to play this right, and the rumor in this thread is not right for Vancouver. Lu needs to be kept and sold only at a premium, that being a return of a young roster player or strong prospect.

So, we trade an established All-Star goalie (devalue him all you want, he's got the skill and is a bonafide #1 in the League) for a 1st and a big body with potential who has not even established himself in the NHL, when the team's window could be slowly but surely closing and the team could sorely use a Top-Six winger? (I really don't see Joe as being much different from our own Zack Kassian, since both have size but Joe even lacks consistent play and aggression at times.) No way will Lu be let go of so easily!

Think back to a couple of seasons ago, when Tomas Kaberle was let go of at the deadline for Colborne, plus 1st and 3rd round picks. Sure, he was a 0.66 p.p.g. D-man, and it WAS the deadline, but he was relied upon just to be a power play quarterback on an already-stacked D-core. We're talking about a star starting goalie, possibly the final piece before Leafs nation reaches the playoffs again. He will also become a cornerstone piece of the roster that's essentially the biggest missing piece on a team that playing in a city that's the self-proclaimed center of the hockey universe. Will the Leafs REALLY rather go with Reimer in one of the, if not THE most important position on the team, when faults will be scrutinized to no end and the right guy has to be in place otherwise everything may crumble? (I'm looking at you, Ilya Bryzgalov! :P) That would be laughable.

Think back then to Jeff Carter's trade to Columbus (which I think is a more accurate comparison to Lu's situation). He was essentially ushered out of town for his partying ways(for his big contract and Cory Schneider's upstart play) yet with the undeniable talent Columbus (Toronto in this case) saw the need and the fit, and so they paid to get the piece they needed, a scoring center to play next to Nash (a #1 goalie). In that case, Howson (it WILL be Burke) paid with a solid young player and two picks, and I think that either that (or a roster guy, prospect and pick) will be the price still.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#66 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,436 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

Dont want to see Luongo go :( If this happens Luongo will carry the team to the playoffs. Then one day we will all regret trading Luu

Then Schneider will post a shutout and drop a Burrows impression and we forget all about this lou guy.

#67 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Faceman

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,042 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:06 AM

http://forum.canucks...-all-news-here/
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please read the Board Rules.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.