If Raymond isn't traded...

King Heffy

Where does he fit in the lineup?

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Kassian

Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Ebbet

Which of those wingers does he legitimately deserve to beat out for a spot? Where can he cause the least harm with his falling flat on his arse?

Hansen has outplayed Raymond and deserves a 2nd line opening over him. Higgins is also more deserving of promotion to the 2nd line. Kassian fits better on the third line than Raymond and needs the opportunity to grow his game.

And Raymond would be absolutely terrible on the 4th line.

How would you make the best of a bad situation if we're stuck with him on the opening-day roster?

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Burrows - Kesler (Schroder) - Kassian

Volpatti- Malhotra - Hansen

Raymond - Lapierre - Weiss

You forgot higgins

Got a bit of toughness on each line, and Weiss is on a one way contract so would be a waste to not use him. Volpatti on the 3rd line is iffy, but he is making a come back from injury so maybe replace him with Weiss or Raymond on the 3rd line. GM MG said himself Kassian has potential to make it to 2nd line this year.. Sounds good to me.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Kassian

Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Ebbet

Which of those wingers does he legitimately deserve to beat out for a spot? Where can he cause the least harm with his falling flat on his arse?

Hansen has outplayed Raymond and deserves a 2nd line opening over him. Higgins is also more deserving of promotion to the 2nd line. Kassian fits better on the third line than Raymond and needs the opportunity to grow his game.

How would you make the best of a bad situation if we're stuck with him on the opening-day roster?

I'd be happy with something like this

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Lapierre - Higgins

Volpatti - Malhotra - Hansen

God it feels weird putting Raymond in the line up (I don't think I ever have)

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Kassian

Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Ebbet

I think Raymond has a lot to prove this training camp and exhibition play. Granted he did just have back surgery last year, but I didn't think he was all that great 2 seasons ago either. No real excuses there playing on Keslers wing most of that season and playoff. Like others have said if he can't regain his form there may not be a spot for him. And the third line is a waste for a skill winger unless AV is gonna go with 3 scoring lines which I doubt. Kinda reminds me of Naslund in his last year here , trying to find the right fit. It will be interesting to see what Gillis does if Raymond doesn't deliver. I hope he can turn it around.

Ideally, Raymond slots in on the third line. However, Kesler is coming off surgery and as of yet, the Canucks have not added anyone to fill that role. Schroeder may be able to do it, but unless one of the young players really shows the team something, don't be surprised to see Raymond there.

I know a lot of CDCers would feel like jumping off a bridge if that happened, but CDC is not particularly noted for objectivity.

Archived