The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Raymond isn't traded...

King Heffy

I understand the frustraton with May Ray, but I think he deserves 1 season, or at least until the trade deadline to prove himself. His injury was very serious and obviously affected his play last year, more psychologically I believe than anything as he is physically gifted. At the price we have him he could be a huge bargain if he puts up 25 goals which is very likely.

1 More season for Mason, and then decide.

ahhhh I know! so frustrating listening to people use this as a constant excuse. If raymonds back was really so bad to the point that it was effecting his play then he shouldnt have even been put in the lineup.

SUCH BS. why cant canucks fans just face facts about some things..

Bodee, you are one of the few Nuck fans on this board that has proven to have a brain. I dont visit these boards often, mostly due to the fact that all you read is nagging and whining from 13 yr olds playing fantasy GM, but its refereshing to see guys like you still around.

You would have had to have actually played the game to understand the countless variables that can affect a players game. This game isnt black and white, and its a shame that most so called fans just do not get it.

Raymonds production was nowhere near as bad as most made out two years ago. His even strength ice time and production was about same as the year before when everybody loved Raymond. Where his production dropped was on the PP. He had about a 33% drop in PP ice time as the second unit didn't get on as often. Then add in Kesler being moved to the first unit and being replaced by Malhotra. That's replacing a 70 point center with a 30 point center. Under those circumstances a drop in production should have been expected. I was impressed he maintained his even strength production given the fact that he had a broken thumb, sprained wrist and a shoulder injury during that season.

But most fans here don't care about such circumstances. They just turn on players the moment they don't live up to their unrealistic expectations. Raymond quickly became the number one whipping boy.

He only played 55 games last season getting 20 points coming off a back injury and people are demanding he be traded after that? Are you f**king serious? What great fans we have. Seeing how Gillis signed him for 1 year, I see Raymond working his ass off this off season to try to get back to how he was and prove next season why he belongs on this team. Some people are just retarded, holy.

What's the rush to trade Raymond. I don't get it. Maybe once Kesler is healthy and if trading Luongo can yield a top 9 forward. But as things stand right now you'll need a healthy Raymond. I'd put Mason on the 3rd line and on the PK, that's where he seems to have the most success.

Archived