The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Raymond isn't traded...

King Heffy

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Burrows - Kesler (Schroder) - Kassian

Volpatti- Malhotra - Hansen

Raymond - Lapierre - Weiss

Got a bit of toughness on each line, and Weiss is on a one way contract so would be a waste to not use him. Volpatti on the 3rd line is iffy, but he is making a come back from injury so maybe replace him with Weiss or Raymond on the 3rd line. GM MG said himself Kassian has potential to make it to 2nd line this year.. Sounds good to me.

Hey guys let's play charades...okay

"Hey guys I think what we should maybe is trade for Crosby and Ovechkin because I think maybe they could play really well with the Sedins and Kesler and get lots of goals and win us a cup and stuff wut do u guys think???"

To your first point:

I am not saying that there might not be better options. I do find it rather amusing that you've listed Kassian as a better option than Raymond (not really disagreeing, but based on what we've seen of Kassian thusfar.....) And as i mentioned elsewhere in my post Raymond does have the potential to grow.

Okay I'm sorry. I think Raymond needs to be given a fair chance this year. I was frustrated with him like a lot of fans were last year but he did break his back so, I think his lack of production is forgivable. It would be great to see him return to his 2009-2010 form, and I think he could still find success playing on a line with Kesler given time. Best thing to do is start him on the third line next year, and see where he goes from there.

Add Doan into the mix and Raymond gets squeezed further out.

How about a new centre man to fill in for Kesler? Arnott?

Raymond makes the third line and then gets traded before the deadline.

Hansen and Higgins have grit.Raymond-not so much.

Kassian has much more room to grow than Raymond, and was much less of a liability with the puck. Considering he's a natural right winger(something we are in short supply of), I'd rather give him a look than someone who's shown they can't do the job.

Which player slots out once Higgins is healthy?

Where does he fit in the lineup?

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Kassian

Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Ebbet

Which of those wingers does he legitimately deserve to beat out for a spot? Where can he cause the least harm with his falling flat on his arse?

Hansen has outplayed Raymond and deserves a 2nd line opening over him. Higgins is also more deserving of promotion to the 2nd line. Kassian fits better on the third line than Raymond and needs the opportunity to grow his game.

And Raymond would be absolutely terrible on the 4th line.

How would you make the best of a bad situation if we're stuck with him on the opening-day roster?

Kassian has much more room to grow than Raymond, and was much less of a liability with the puck. Considering he's a natural right winger(something we are in short supply of), I'd rather give him a look than someone who's shown they can't do the job.

Which player slots out once Higgins is healthy?

Uh, definitely wrong. Let's get a few things straight first:

a) Kassian only played 11 less games than Raymond, but put up half the points.

B) For all the terribleness you preach about Raymond, he was still a +4, Kassian was -2

c) Raymond had twice as many takeaways as Kassian did last season, and in relation to giveways, Kassian 8gives/ 10tks while Raymond was 12gives/ 20tks.

d)and then there's blocked shots (Raymond 13 to Kassian's 2)

So tell me, what numbers are you using to determine that Kassian is less of a liability?

he broke his freeking back, lets at least give him training camp and pre season to show that he is back to 100%.

Raymond is poised to surprise alot of people.  He has earned the right to show us what he can do once fully recovered.

you guys just aren't happy unless we have a whipping boy

Uh, definitely wrong. Let's get a few things straight first:

a) Kassian only played 11 less games than Raymond, but put up half the points.

B) For all the terribleness you preach about Raymond, he was still a +4, Kassian was -2

c) Raymond had twice as many takeaways as Kassian did last season, and in relation to giveways, Kassian 8gives/ 10tks while Raymond was 12gives/ 20tks.

d)and then there's blocked shots (Raymond 13 to Kassian's 2)

So tell me, what numbers are you using to determine that Kassian is less of a liability?

a) Raymond got double the icetime most games with better linemates

B) See A

c) Made up by the fact that if Kassian hits someone, the player might actually lose control of the puck.

d) AV was putting him on the PK, and Raymond is good at falling onto the ice

Archived