The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Danny Briere

Would you want Briere? We need playoff performers and people that can put the puck in the back of the net when it matters and that would be briere.

Question is with Philly's D a mess could we pry briere away with defensemen?

Or will the threat of a lockout make philly just stay pat since their defensemen could recover by the time the season starts?

3 goals, 7 assists in his SC final appearance vs CHI. (Rough counting just was looking at box scores from the final) also led the playoffs that year with 30 points.

Has performed well in every postseason

Funny how people want Doan who is older but briere is too old

Edit: guess Doan wasn't the best example since we would of got him without giving up assets.

But I don't think we can disregard someone who has stepped up and plays their best hockey in the toughest part of the season.

Booth-Kesler-Briere would be a good line imo

3 goals, 7 assists in his SC final appearance vs CHI. (Rough counting just was looking at box scores from the final) also led the playoffs that year with 30 points.

Has performed well in every postseason

Funny how people want Doan who is older but briere is too old

Not just bigger, but one of bigger, younger, or cheaper. Ideally a combination of those three, and Briere doesn't fit any of those categories. He's a good player, no doubt, but not likely someone we'd trade assets for (at least assets Philly would want in return) when we already have 2 top 6 centers, as I'd mentioned before.

IF we could get him for a reasonable price i would do it, yes hes small and old but

1) hes a playmaker who would be great on the second line and playing with kes and booth would make up for his lack of size

2) hes a playoff performer

3) we r trying to win now and if we got him that would improve r chances a lot

Archived