The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canuck fans should be like whitecaps fans

Honeydews

Damm. I am watching the whitecaps game on TSN and the crowd are singing and chanting for the first half. Every time Joe Cannon kicks the ball the crowd goes "BOOM". The crowd also started singing the Canadian Anthem at one point. They also sang and chanted and mocked the other team player. Canucks fans should learn from whitecaps fans. We should have chants and sing during the game. Make Rogers arena loud. We should take the BOOM part from them. Every time our D is lining up for a shot we should shot BOOM once they shoot. Just saying we should be louder by having chants and stuff.

embrace the hate.

Hockey isn't like soccer, the game is faster and more happens. The fan culture of hockey is different too, it reflects the sport. Soccer fan culture is cool for soccer, but for hockey it doesn't work as well since the action is faster paced and doing organized songs and chants could be distracting. It just isn't as much of a part of the culture for hockey. I do wish Rogers Arena would be louder though. Too many suits, especially in the lower bowl. I don't think singing and chanting is the only way to be an enthusiastic fan.

Hockey isn't like soccer, the game is faster and more happens. The fan culture of hockey is different too, it reflects the sport. Soccer fan culture is cool for soccer, but for hockey it doesn't work as well since the action is faster paced and doing organized songs and chants could be distracting. It just isn't as much of a part of the culture for hockey. I do wish Rogers Arena would be louder though. Too many suits, especially in the lower bowl. I don't think singing and chanting is the only way to be an enthusiastic fan.

I agree, the simpler ones would definitely be cool.

I like the Boom, especially when it's a clean shot that the crowd can see coming. Why not spice it up a bit, it's not like there is much originality out there in the NHL, unless you count Cartman chanting "Go Kings Go".

Damm. I am watching the whitecaps game on TSN and the crowd are singing and chanting for the first half. Every time Joe Cannon kicks the ball the crowd goes "BOOM". The crowd also started singing the Canadian Anthem at one point. They also sang and chanted and mocked the other team player. Canucks fans should learn from whitecaps fans. We should have chants and sing during the game. Make Rogers arena loud. We should take the BOOM part from them. Every time our D is lining up for a shot we should shot BOOM once they shoot. Just saying we should be louder by having chants and stuff.

embrace the hate.

Archived