The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canuck fans should be like whitecaps fans

Honeydews

it's about organization. The caps fans have the southsiders and a couple other smaller groups that get chants going. as a group they know what they are singing. they are easy to pick up on as well. Fans tend to participate if they know what is being said. However, being repetitive kills an atmosphere.

Go Canucks Go 15 times a game is boring.

LOUUUUUUU is stupid. It classes his top saves with dump-ins. he deserves/deserved to have actual ovations that were very rarely given because of it.

The caps songs can transfer over. many are very simple. they are basic tunes anyone knows or can be understood in a few seconds.

Ditch "Go Canucks Go". Ditch it. Every Canadian Team does it except Edmonton.

Come up with 2 or 3 original new ones and have the Scoreboard lead them. Chanting C-A-N-U-C-K-S would be cool.

Also How about Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for a save by our new number one?

Come on, lets get something original done so that everyone who comes to the game can join in.

We need something to go viral on youtube or something

Cheaper seats does equal louder fans as its more of an affordable option for people. Everyone who can afford Canucks games are either entertaining clients or have their heads in their Blackberry phones writing emails. There are many actual fans at the games but not enough to make Caps noise. I love watching soccer games because of the fans... its such a great atmosphere.

/user/90967-tortorellas-rant/">Tortorella's Rant is right. I have seasons tickets, and I'm definitely not screaming through every puck stoppage. Often the more into the game I am the quieter I get...because I'm doing everything I can to absorb what's going on.

Something can be said for NOT being drunk, loud, and obnoxious.

100% agree.. & its nice to converse with fans, of either team... without just be loud and obnoxious. last year I went to see the Canucks play the leafs @ the ACC (alone because my brother bailed on me) and I ended up sitting with a bunch of leafs fans, we shot the crap and razzed each other all night, it was all nice and friendly and no drunken stupidity.. had a great time!

The atmosphere in Rogers Arena sucks.

It's has nothing to do with beer or ticket prices, it's THE FANS.

It doesn't cost a penny to cheer, believe it or not.

If Canucks fans cheered as much as they complained, Rogers Arena would easily be one of the loudest. To bad we enjoy complaining so much.

To those saying that soccer =/= hockey and that it can't be done:

I'm not saying it's a good idea to start setting things on fire inside the arena(because it's a terrible idea...), but these guys are able to bring in the chants and stuff to hockey. Like someone said, it's all about organization...having chants/songs that everyone knows (other than Go Canucks Go).

Even if you're not for bringing this atmosphere into the NHL, you have to admit, some of that stuff is pretty cool (again..not all..)

So? What's wrong with going to the game and actually watching it and enjoying it as opposed to being some drunk hooligan in the upper bowl? I'm not a suit and I definitely don't cheer that much either. It is exaggerated because if you actually sit in the season ticket section, there really aren't that many suits

Archived